Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We’re committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You’re familiar with the real estate industry and have experience or a sincere interest in learning how to accurately price properties across multiple states. You pay attention to the details, enjoy research, and excel at the game of “Spot the Difference”. You’re able to work independently but know when to ask for a second opinion. You’re motivated by the success of your team while also taking pride in being a subject matter expert. You’re looking for a role with immediate impact on scaling a “startup within a startup” to 5-10x its current volume.
What You’ll Do Here
The Cash Close Valuation Analyst’s primary function is to mitigate risk for both HomeLight and its investors by ensuring we purchase the right homes at the right prices. You’ll determine property eligibility for Cash Close through assessments of both the market and the home itself, and you’ll analyze both subjective and objective data inputs to present your opinions of value of homes.
- Run property analyses using both objective data and qualitative feedback provided by our clients and partner agents
- Communicate “red flags” on potential deals, and make recommendations for HomeLight’s best path forward
- Identify ways to improve our valuation process to increase both efficiency and accuracy as we scale
- This role will require working US Pacific Time and some weekends
- Experience in a startup environment
- Proficiency with Excel and Google Apps, and comfort learning new tools and systems
- Experience in data analysis and not afraid to look into numbers and analyze them
- Sound understanding of price discovery / demand-supply dynamics for illiquid assets and its impact on pricing accuracy
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to change course or adopt new processes as needed
- Confidence in your opinions, but willingness to change them as you receive new information
- Ability to clearly articulate your thought processes and communicate your opinions and recommendations in a way that can be understood by someone who is less analytical than you
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- A positive attitude in stressful situations
- Ability to effectively multitask and reprioritize a daily task list as offer deadlines and time-sensitive new deals are assigned
- Knowledge of how residential real estate gets transacted and how the home shopping / home buying process unfolds
- Prior experience with valuing or buying US residential real estate is a PLUS
HomeLight is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building an inclusive and diverse workforce, providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request and any accommodation will be addressed confidentially.