Who We Are
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We’re committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Our Escrow Officers are not busy with business development which allows them to focus on the customer and build lasting relationships with the Agents and Lenders. 100% of our escrow business is focused on purchases.
Who You Are
You’re excited by working on problems at the heart of the home buying and selling experience – one that’s slow and in desperate need of disruption. Building long-lasting and high-quality client relationships are integral to your day-to-day work. You’re a reliable operator with an analytical mindset, eager to roll up your sleeves and drive innovation in the industry.
What You’ll Do Here
You will be heavily involved in the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced, high volume, residential escrow and title insurance agency. Your efforts will directly impact the success of our Florida-based transactions and branch as a whole.
- Utilize industry leading technology and streamlined operations as you service clients going through the title and escrow process.
- Create lasting relationships and partner with Florida's top real estate agents.
- Read and interpret contracts including lender's instructions, trust agreements, purchase contracts, and underwriting guidelines.
- Manage compliance within the branch concerning company policies, procedures, and auditing compliance.
- 2 plus years of stellar escrow processing experience.
- Fluent in Spanish and English languages is required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of the closing process, TRID, and CFPB requirements are required.
- Microsoft Suite and Google Suite proficient.