Who We Are:
We’re building the future of real estate — today.
HomeLight is the essential technology platform used by hundreds of thousands of homebuyers and sellers to partner with top real estate agents and win at any step of the real estate journey, whether that’s finding a top agent, securing a competitive mortgage, or ensuring on-time, easy close.
HomeLight facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform every year. Our vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying for all.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes. We’re committed to diversity both internally and externally through programs such as our Black Real Estate Agent Program with NAREB. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You Will Do Here:
HomeLight is looking for a Transaction Manager to oversee our Trade-In and Cash Offer real estate transactions. You will be managing single-family home purchase and resale transactions from open escrow through diligence review and closing documentation. In addition, you will be managing a team to provide excellent customer service to external buyers and sellers. The role requires a close working relationship with external customers and broker/agent professionals, internal and external title/ escrow and mortgage teams, and internal investments, treasury, legal, utilities, compliance, HOA, insurance, and renovations teams. You are expected to possess superior organizational and management skills in order to execute a consistent, seamless experience for home sellers and purchasers.
- Manage and coordinate all aspects of our buy-side real estate transactions
- Manage and build out a quickly growing team of Transaction Coordinators and Specialists
- Ensure timeliness for all of our purchases and that we never miss a closing date due to internal process
- Create quality control processes and ensure regulatory compliance for documentation.
- Be comfortable overseeing transactions in multiple states (CA, TX, CO, AZ, FL) and building process and oversight to ensure quality outcomes
- Run an operation that delivers a stellar experience for our agents and clients
- Identify risks to a given transaction and work with counter-parties to eliminate those risks
- Solve with creativity and a sense of urgency any problems that arise
- Oversee, audit, and draft (when needed) agreements, contracts and amendments for transactions
- Oversees the coordination between our internal team, real estate agents, buyers, sellers, title and escrow companies, and lenders to ensure we close in a timely manner
- Monitor and validate disbursement and receipt of funds and fee payments
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Relentless focus on customer service
- Thrive in fast-paced environments
- Strong process orientation for running an operation
- Proficient with transaction management systems, Google Suite, Docusign, CRM systems
- Previous residential real estate experience required
- Active CA, TX, or CO real estate license
- Escrow or title experience is a plus
- Prior experience at a real estate tech company is a plus
- Prior experience at a high-growth company is a plus