Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You’re excited by working on problems at the heart of the home buying and selling experience – one that’s slow and in desperate need of disruption. Building long-lasting and high-quality client relationships are integral to your day-to-day work. You’re a reliable operator with an analytical mindset, eager to roll up your sleeves and drive innovation in the industry.
What You’ll Do Here
You will be heavily involved in the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced, high volume, residential escrow and title insurance agency. Your efforts will directly impact the success of our Texas transactions and branch as a whole.
- Manage the day-to-day tasks surrounding compliance and licensing arrangements including applications, renewals, negotiation and resolution
- Manage the implementation of compliance initiatives within the Title & Escrow operation, including internal audit procedures, and provide support to fulfilling all state and federal regulatory requirements
- Manage contractual agreements with active vendors and joint venture partners and review and negotiate terms with potential vendors and partners
- Act as internal expert on title, settlement and closing service compliance
- 3 plus years of experience
- Experience Analyzing key risk areas and provide process solutions to assure compliance
- Able to Identify areas of concern and prepare targeted training for those items
- Keen ability to motivate and manage team of compliance professionals
- Developed a pre-audit strategies to eliminate any possible findings
- Communicated with regulators, auditors, CPAs and other professionals in a manner that demonstrates mastery of the subject and of the operations
- Prior experience researching federal, state and local ordinances, regulations, client requirements, licensing requirements, state and federal regulatory requirements associated with the operation of the Company's national title and settlement operations
- Developed and expanded supporting resources on RESPA, Graham Leach Bliley, and active state requirements, licensing and agency regulations applicable to the business
- Validated and maintained existing databases that include all applicable federal, state, county regulations applicable to the operations of a national title and settlement provider
- Provided insightful new ways of achieving compliance with minimal burden on employees
- Monitored operational procedures to ensure proper usage of the regulatory database, as well as adherence to the requirements documented within the database