Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You’ll be hands-on managing big projects, building a smart passionate team, and diving into loads of data. Our Business Intelligence team is at the center of everything. You love diving into the data, finding insights that drive business performance, and partnering with business and product teams to convert insight into action. You’re organized, methodical, and your friends describe you as “insanely productive.”
You’re comfortable working with team members from across the company including marketers, product managers, operations, public relations, and the executive team. You have quantitative skills and the ability to not only clearly communicate your findings in presentations but also construct dashboards and visualizations.
What You’ll Do
- Work closely with business owners and fully immerse yourself and your team in data, draw insight from analysis, and then zoom out to develop compelling, synthesized recommendations. Analytical rigor and strategic thinking are a must. But you’ll also need to get into the details to drive real, sustainable impact.
- Lead, mentor, and grow talent across our BI & Reporting, and Advanced Analytics teams.
- Support ad hoc data requests through either SQL query or quick report or dashboard and analyze large quantities of data using Python, VBA or R to drive growth strategies based on profitability, market potential and sales trends
- Participate in data governance processes required to ensure data integrity, information optimization, and performance of the data warehouse.
- 10+ years experience leading go-to-market analytics ideally in partnership with Marketing, Sales Ops, Growth, or Product Management teams.
- Strong communication skills. Able to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner. Experience communicating analyses and fielding questions from executive team members
- Hands on end to end understanding of analytics from descriptive to predictive analytics including Machine Learning across data ingestion, prep, development, and end user adoption.
- Experience with experiment design and A/B testing across multiple KPI’s.
- Led geographically diverse high performing teams and centers of excellence in BI and Analytics.
- Structured strategic thinking, analytical processing, problem-solving, synthesizing ideas, and written and verbal communication.
- Experience in growing and mentoring team creating career progression opportunities.
- Strong customer experience orientation with laser focus on user adoption and deployment (beyond the technical maturity of the solution).
- Preferable, experience in process automation.