Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You’re familiar with the real estate industry and have experience or a sincere interest in learning how to accurately price properties across multiple states. You pay attention to the details, enjoy research, and excel at the game of “Spot the Difference”. You’re able to work independently but know when to ask for a second opinion. You’re motivated by the success of your team while also taking pride in being a subject matter expert. You’re looking for a role with immediate impact on scaling a “startup within a startup” to 5-10x its current volume.
What You’ll Do Here
The Cash Close Valuation Analyst’s primary function is to mitigate risk for both HomeLight and its investors by ensuring we purchase the right homes at the right prices. You’ll determine property eligibility for Cash Close through assessments of both the market and the home itself, and you’ll analyze both subjective and objective data inputs to present your opinions of value of homes.
- Run property analyses using both objective data and qualitative feedback provided by our clients and partner agents
- Communicate “red flags” on potential deals, and make recommendations for HomeLight’s best path forward
- Identify ways to improve our valuation process to increase both efficiency and accuracy as we scale
- This role will require weekend coverage
- Experience in a startup environment
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to change course or adopt new processes as needed
- Confidence in your opinions, but willingness to change them as you receive new information
- Ability to clearly articulate your thought processes and communicate your opinions and recommendations in a way that can be understood by someone who is less analytical than you
- Sharp attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Prior experience with valuing or buying residential real estate
- Sound understanding of price discovery / demand-supply dynamics for illiquid assets and its impact on pricing accuracy
- A positive attitude in stressful situations
- Proficiency with Excel and Google Apps, and comfort learning new tools and systems
- Ability to effectively multitask and reprioritize a daily task list as offer deadlines and time-sensitive new deals are assigned
- Knowledge of how residential real estate gets transacted and how the home shopping / home buying process unfolds