Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You have a background in communications and/or journalism and have experience crafting story angles, pitching media, and supporting a fast-moving communications function across speaking, awards, and thought leadership. You enjoy working cross functionally with executives, writers, editors, and designers, and can communicate effectively with key stakeholders. You have experience building and seeing strategic communications campaigns through to completion, and an innate ability to understand and predict news trends and coverage. You’re a confident communicator and supportive partner to company spokespeople across the organization. You enjoy working in a fast-growing environment and value being part of an energetic, fun, and creative team.
What You’ll Do Here
As the second hire on the Communications team, you’ll join us as we build the foundation of communications at HomeLight and be responsible for supporting our entire function as we scale to support the company. You’ll report to HomeLight’s Director of Strategic Communications and work with our Executive, Editorial, Product, and Growth teams to find new and innovative ways to grow HomeLight’s brand externally and drive awareness with top real estate agents across the country.
- Proactively secure media coverage for our company, team, users, and products in business, tech, trade, local, and broadcast media outlets.
- Support the development and testing of new strategic communications programs across the business.
- Collaborate on executive communications, thought leadership, and employment brand initiatives, including speaking and award strategies and applications, as well as preparing for, supporting, and staffing opportunities with company spokespeople.
- Conduct media research and stay informed with the ever-evolving proptech landscape that could impact our communications strategy.
- Track media coverage and help create monthly reports for stakeholders.
- 3-5 years of communications experience, preferably in real estate and/or technology, either in-house or at an agency.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal, with a deep passion for writing — whether that’s pitches, blog posts, bylines, or social media posts
- Keen understanding of communications and PR, with a proven ability to work cross functionally and build lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Experience supporting executive communications and thought leadership initiatives.
- Excellent attention to detail, with superior time and project management skills.
- Passion for proactively identifying new story ideas, pitch angles, and seeing them through to completion.