Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
We are seeking an experienced Senior HR Manager or Director to support the ever growing team at HomeLight, especially in our Arizona office. You are a true HR pro who enjoys problem solving, crafting delightful employee experiences and creating cutting edge people operation programs. The well-being of our team is one of your top priorities. You will continually monitor employee sentiment, spotting issues before they become problems and proactively suggesting ways to help everyone reach their full potential.
This role reports directly to the Head of Talent & HR based in San Francisco.
What You’ll Do Here
You will do anything and everything you can to support our team, including the following:
- You leverage all essential HR procedures and practices—from employment law to compliance—to build a best-in-class People Operations practice
- You love staying abreast of the latest industry updates, and your insatiable desire to hone your craft leads you to continually seeking out best practices from your peers
- You will ensure compliance with applicable labor and employment laws and regulations by accurately compiling and submitting data for mandated reporting at the federal, state, and local levels
- You will assist with driving company-wide initiatives that increase employee satisfaction and productivity
- You will maintain the employee handbook and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures
- Ensuring data integrity by way of driving best practices through systems/tools, processes, auditing, and internal tracking
- Assist with creating a comprehensive compensation and leveling strategy, and manage our existing benefits, retention and reward strategies
- A Bachelor's degree and/or Masters in a relevant field and appropriate HR certifications
- A minimum of 8+ years experience operating as a generalist through the scaling phase of a startup
- You're still comfortable being a "hands-on" manager
- You are extremely familiar with HRIS systems and have worked closely with payroll teams in the past
- You are an expert in coaching and mentoring across the full spectrum of seniority
- You can switch between the strategic and tactical mindset, depending on the context and what is required of you
- You will thrive in high-volume, fast-paced and feedback-driven environments
- You're highly self-motivated, well organized, have a stellar work ethic, and you're looking for the right company to support you in your growth