Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You’re excited about working on problems at the heart of the home buying and selling experience – one that’s currently slow and in desperate need of disruption. You’re a reliable operator with an analytical mindset, eager to roll up your sleeves and drive innovation in the industry. People are at the heart of all that you do and you are a seasoned, positive, and vocal people manager who has successfully build great relationships with your direct reports over the years. You're all about a paperless Closings environment and would be excited to provide a seamless tech-driven Closings experience to your valued clients.
What You’ll Do Here
You’ll oversee the day-to-day operations of a fast-paced, high volume, residential escrow and title insurance agency.
As a manager, you will:
- Break the title & escrow mold by servicing clients with innovative technology and streamlined operations in adherence to local regulations.
- Manage, develop, and lead a growing team of title and escrow professionals in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Work with our Talent team to hire the best people in the business, that share your passion for technology, to join our HomeLight family. You'll dedicate yourself to equipping them with the best technology to deliver the escrow experience we’ve all desired.
- Flex your unique knowledge surrounding the intricacies of how Title and Escrow operates in the Great State of California.
- Continuously contribute to improving a tech enabled Closings process.
- Create and maintain lasting relationships as you partner with the country's top real estate agents.
- Own all aspects of work as an escrow officer, including reading and interpreting contracts (including lender's instructions, trust agreements, purchase contracts, and underwriting guidelines).
- Work with our Senior Compliance Manager to maintain compliance of company policies, procedures, and auditing compliance.
- 3+ years of title and/or escrow experience.
- 5+ years of people and branch management experience.
- Demonstrated success building and maintaining client and employee relationships.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of the closing process, TRID, and CFPB requirements are required.
- Microsoft Suite and Google Suite proficient.