Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
You are a highly effective, prolific leader, who has experience covering all the mortgage post closing functions. You thrive on continuous improvement, rely heavily on feedback, and have developed a keen listening sense. You are a hands-on team player and have proven experience managing various facets of the mortgage post closing process.
What You’ll Do Here
You will perform the end to end mortgage post closing functions and govern a pipeline as HomeLight Home Loans scales to originating $100 Million per month of Qualified Mortgages within a year:
- Applicants must be familiar with current industry regulations and compliance
- Familiar with the correct execution of closing documents as well as following up and obtaining any outstanding conditions.
- Must have experience with post closing and shipping of loan files and collateral.
- Must be familiar with title documents and possess the ability to identify underwriting, processing and closing errors and follow through with corrections.
- Coordinate suspense conditions with loan management & underwriting team, ensuring suspense conditions are satisfied prior to purchase.
- Update and manage post-closing reports for investors and email various reports to the management team weekly.
- Work closely with Capital Markets to ensure loan packages are being delivered on time and SLA’s are met.
- Must be extremely detail orientated and possess the ability to multitask.
- Minimum of 1-2 years recent Closing experience required
- Applicants must have experience working for a Correspondent lender; multiple investor guidelines/products
- Busy fast paced office - must be detail oriented and organized
- Works great with cross functional teams
- Experience surfacing errors and mistakes before loan sale
- The ability to recognize tell tale signs of broken processes, and fix problems before they “break” the team or business
- Exceptional communication skills; providing feedback and surfacing things that are wrong and rightfully focus on improvement.
- Proven analytical chops and critical thinking skills
- Based in Phoenix/Scottsdale area, as this individual will need to manage original loan documents shipped to an office
Send your resume and a brief note about why you’d be a good fit to firstname.lastname@example.org. No formal cover letters, please. We look forward to meeting you!