Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to achieve better outcomes during one of life’s most important events: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight’s technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don’t just take it from us. We’ve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You Will Do Here
- Take an innovative approach to improving information security at HomeLight
- Ensure that our company and products employ best in class security practices
- Build the foundation of a world class security team
- Own the vulnerability assessment process and working closely with engineering leadership on mitigating and improving our security practices
- Review the security risks of new software architectures and product features
- Respond to security incidents, including investigation of, counter measures to, recovery from, and reporting of computer-based attacks, unauthorized access, and breaches
- Help us "Shift Left" on Security and make it part of our software development process
- Improve and guide company processes to ensure secure and compliant IT practices
- 4+ years of experience in Infrastructure and Web Application Security
- Breadth of technical experience working across multiple production environments
- Deep understanding of web application security threats, exploits, and prevention
- Experience in penetration testing methodologies
- Experience in one of our core software stacks (Ruby/Rails, Python/Django, Node.js, Golang)
Bonus points for:
- Expertise in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Heroku
- Experience with the Amazon AWS ecosystem
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.