HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple – we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life's most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLight's technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing and closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, and satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture – but don't just take it from us. We've been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, and the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals and core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
Who You Are
As an Escrow Accountant, you are responsible for managing reconciliations for escrow accounts. you will assist in cleanup & catch-up for the escrow accounts, manage and clear daily exceptions, coach our teams on best accounting practices, and alert management to any audit red flags. Most importantly, you will be responsible for maintaining daily 3-way reconciliation for all Escrow accounts.
What You’ll Do Here
- 3-way monthly Reconciliations of all Escrow accounts
- Resolving transactional exceptions in Qualia and banking web sites
- Reporting unresolved exceptions to management
- Monitoring/Producing accounting reports relevant to each branch
- Generating month-end reports
- Reviewing month end accounting reports to determine account status
- 3-5 years of Escrow accounting experience
- A working knowledge of Excel
- Previous accounting or bookkeeping experience
- Excellent analytical, verbal, and written communication skills
- A college degree or equivalent (Finance/Accounting majors preferred, but not required)
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!