HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Closing Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
About The Role
HomeLight Title is looking to create the next generation of settlement services company and we are seeking a dynamic Closing Attorney to help us make our vision a reality. We are seeking a talented Closing Attorney who has the vision and technical competence to create and run the Illinois firm for the next generation of Settlement Services. Our ideal candidate is passionate, an industry expert and technically competent with the ability to set up a full operation from scratch to support our growing business in Illinois. We are looking for a strong, hands on leader to create the future of the settlement industry.
- Run the day to day operations of a fast paced and high volume firm.
- Utilize your strong expertise in real estate law, especially surrounding both buyer and seller sides of transaction and title insurance underwriting, to provide technical and managerial leadership to other staff members.
- Remain familiar with Illinois title commitments and the process to clear curative requirements prior to closing.
- Enforce adherence to the Illinois State requirements.
- Read and interpret contracts including lender's instructions, trust agreements, purchase contracts and underwriting guidelines.
- Establish a new Closing operation in Illinois. You need to be technically competent to create a cutting edge operation that is fully compliant.
- Create the future of settlement services by designing new process flows that combine cutting edge technology with exceptional customer service. We strive for a high degree of human interaction with our clients supported by the latest technology. We believe it takes both humans and software to craft the winning formula.
- Own the day to day operation of our operations fulfilling transactions in all counties of Illinois and potentially outside of Illinois in other states.
- Manage compliance within the branch with regard to company policies, procedures and auditing compliance.
- Participate in agent recruiting activities and industry events to grow our customer base.
- Recruit, hire and train Closing staff and support personnel to deliver on our promise of exceptional human support and interaction with our clients.
- 5+ years of escrow processing experience is required.
- 2+ years of management experience preferred.
- A juris doctorate degree
- Ability to obtain Illinois licensing is required.
- Experience in other states is highly desired.
- Technical knowledge of the closing process, math calculations, TRID and CFPB requirements are required.
- Qualia or Resware knowledge helpful, but not required.
- Microsoft Suite and Google Suite proficient.