Create the future of the Real Estate Industry with HomeLight!
Our mission is simple. We empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. Playing at the intersection of technology and real estate we have designed a line of data-driven real estate products to make us the premier resource for consumers and empower real estate agents as people buy and sell their homes. Since 2012 HomeLight has connected thousands of clients with top local real estate agents, investors, and online resources.
Title & Escrow at HomeLight
Are you intrigued by the idea of redefining and creating the future of Title & Escrow and believe you have what it takes to get there? If so, we want to hear from you. HomeLight is growing and expanding and attracting a ton of attention (You may have seen us during the US Figure skating championships, as the main sponsor for the team). We are now looking to reinvent Title & Escrow. Currently we operate Title & Escrow in a handful of markets across the country. This is your chance to join our Title & Escrow team at the ground floor and help us build the next generation of Settlement Services.
About the position
We are looking for an Escrow Assistant who is adaptable, resourceful, deadline driven and knows what it takes to close a real estate file. You will work as an eAgent as a whole, we oversee and manage statewide transactions for preferred HomeLight agents. You will back up the state manager from the state office in Clearwater (Safety Harbor) and be the collector of all elements of the closing file, communicating with all parties typically in writing (email) to keep the transaction in flow towards a successful closing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the Florida Escrow Manager
- Review the closing process of transactions
- Pull reports and send to listing agents
- Enter new orders and gather information from all parties
- Receipt contracts
- Request earnest money deposits
- Maintain communication with processing team
- Administrative duties such as maintaining office communication & calendars
- Two years of escrow processing experience is required.
- In depth knowledge of the closing process, Closing Disclosure, math calculations, prorations, TRID and CFPB requirements are required.
- Qualia or Resware knowledge helpful.
- Microsoft Word, Outlook and Google Suite proficient.
- Ability to work within multiple computer applications for data entry and file management.
- A High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Notary Public preferred or required within 90 days.
- Medical, vision, dental, life insurance, and paternity/maternity benefits.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!