HomeLight’s vision is a world where every real estate transaction is simple, certain, and satisfying. We provide software and services to home buyers, sellers, and real estate agents including HomeLight Agent Matching, the investor matching platform Simple Sale, HomeLight Home Loans, and HomeLight Settlement Services. Each year, HomeLight helps hundreds of thousands of clients connect with top real estate agents, and it facilitates billions of dollars of real estate on its platform.
Who You Are:
You have expertise in and unique knowledge of managing the compliance framework of a large, multi-state title, escrow, or closing company. You have experience in establishing and maintaining the requisite licensing, regulatory controls, policies, and procedures needed to maintain compliance with state-specific regulations governing title and closing services. You maintain comprehensive and up to date knowledge of title and closing regulations to ensure all procedures are followed in accordance with state licensing and title underwriter guidelines. You have experience interfacing with insurance regulators regarding their auditing and examination of settlement service platforms. You thrive in fast-paced roles that require high levels of organization, multi-tasking, and attention to detail. You enjoy sinking your teeth into projects and process improvement and are experienced in managing vendor and joint venture relationships. You know that paperwork and processing are integral parts of contract and licensing management, and have the grit to do what it takes to push them through to completion.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with HomeLight’s Finance, Operations, Legal, and Executive teams as you serve as a liaison between HomeLight Settlement Services and underwriters, regulators, and vendors
- Manage the day-to-day tasks surrounding HomeLight Settlement Services’ compliance and licensing arrangements including applications, renewals, negotiation and resolution
- Manage the implementation of compliance initiatives within the Title & Escrow operation, including internal audit procedures, and provide support to fulfilling all state and federal regulatory requirements
- Remain well informed of up to date title and escrow regulations
- Manage contractual agreements with active vendors and joint venture partners and review and negotiate terms with potential vendors and partners
- Act as internal expert on settlement service compliance
- Be a terminal escalation point in assisting escrow officers and closing agents in difficult closing scenarios.
You Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in establishing and/or assessing corporate governance framework and practices in the title/closing/escrow/legal environment
- Escrow Accounting and Audit experience, a plus
- Excellent customer service and written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem solving, administrative, and project management skills
- Comfortability meeting various deadlines
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge/experience of Qualia, a plus
- Medical, Vision, Dental
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Paid Time-Off
- Volunteer Time-Off
- Catered Lunches and Fully-Stocked Kitchen Onsite
- Corporate Gym Membership
- Company Events: Annual Retreat, Happy Hours, & More!