We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
Who You Are
You enjoy taking ownership of general ledger accounts and take great pride in maintaining them, contributing to the close process, and consistently seeking ways to be more accurate and efficient. You are adept at using your analytical skills and Excel/systems aptitude to reconcile accounts and compile ad-hoc reports. You know what is expected from auditors and know how to prepare for an audit and provide support for testing and questions as needed. You are skilled in adapting to change and consistently seeking ways to add value to an organization while being committed to your own growth and the success of the team. You are naturally detail-oriented, but also flexible and able to quickly switch gears to face the challenges inherent to a rapidly growing company.
What You’ll Do Here
- Regularly maintain detailed reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts
- Assist with month-end close process and periodic reporting
- Assist with the implementation of SOX-compliant policies and procedures
- Prepare support and documentation for external auditors
- Assist with business unit reporting, fact-finding, and variance analyses
- Assist with ad-hoc reporting, research, and accounting projects as needed
- Partner closely with the VP of Finance and Accounting & Finance Manager to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual objectives
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in GL accounting
- Experience using ERP/Accounting systems (QuickBooks, SAP, Great Plains, NetSuite)
- Experience building and maintaining account reconciliations (such as A/P, A/R, payroll, etc)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- The ability to adapt in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Aptitude for collaborating across functions
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting is required. CPA preferred.
- Marketing or real estate experience a plus
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!