HomeLight Home Loans is looking for a wide range of software engineers to fix the mortgage industry for millions of homebuyers. You’ll join an experienced engineering team that's building the industry’s most sophisticated mortgage technology platform from scratch.
About HomeLight Home Loans
Home Loans by HomeLight is a digital mortgage lender empowering today’s homebuyer. We offer simple, transparent home loans that enable all creditworthy buyers to be treated like cash buyers. We’re rebuilding the $10 trillion mortgage industry from the ground up using our powerful, automated technology. With Home Loans, homebuyers are fully underwritten in just 24 hours, providing cash-like certainty. Even better? We save our clients thousands of dollars and weeks of frustration.
In May 2019, HomeLight Home Loans joined forces with HomeLight to help 100,000’s of home buyers, sellers and realtors across the country. Together, we’re empowering people to achieve the best outcome when buying or selling real estate.
For every mortgage that HomeLight Home Loans provides, HomeLight Home Loans builds a home for a family in need in India. Your work will help millions of families improve their lives.
What gets you excited
- Overturning archaic orthodoxies in the largest area of our economy
- Building an automated process so that individuals are rapidly, scalably underwritten to their true creditworthiness without human intervention
- Solving emotional pain points for millions of people, which waste extraordinary amounts of time & money
- Fixing real-world problems elegantly, versus with the most technologically advanced solution
- Clear communication & collaboration w/ engineering & operations to eliminate error & wasted dev cycles
- Using your past experience building software from pre-product to fast growth to help your colleagues learn and grow
Languages / fullstack functionality expertise
- Statically-typed languages or languages specifically designed for data processing and rules engines (we use golang)
- Experience with React, CSS, and Yarn/NPM
- Integration to third parties (json/XML APIs, JWT, OAuth)
- Bias towards open-source tools vs. bespoke in-house builds
- Experience working with domain experts to understand problems, develop business requirements, and turning those requirements into functional, maintainable, well-tested software
Our Promise to You
Your potential to help achieve our mission and shared goals is the only thing that matters, not pre-defined academic or past employer stereotypes.
You will succeed at HomeLight Home Loans if you:
- Are constantly curious
- Prefer rapid iteration
- Never settle for the status quo
- Enjoy helping others succeed
- Value feedback
- Embrace change