We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
Who You Are
You’re a writer with a voice and lofty ambitions. You’ve crushed deadlines for school papers, bled for each thesis, started a blog or two on the side, and dabble in mixed media arts. You want to break into content marketing, SEO, social media marketing, or digital advertising, grow as a professional writer, and learn how to build websites that actually make money.
- Superb written and oral communication skills.
- A keen ability for story development. You know how to work a premise and craft a hook.
- Tenacious research and interview skills and can teach people things you just learned yourself.
- Unmatched grammar and a hatred for the passive voice.
- A Four-Year College Degree.
What You’ll Do Here
You'll create thought provoking and data-driven feature-length articles, guides, ebooks, and an assortment of web copy for homeowners and real estate agents. You will pitch story ideas, do research, and produce at least one byline per week for our blog. You’ll play a big part in the promotion, distribution, and social sharing behind the content, and you’ll pick up skills in HTML, SEO, SEM, PR, and social media marketing along the way.
- Write assigned stories in a timely and professional manner
- Contribute fresh content ideas according to editorial guidelines
- Support editorial staff with story production, formatting and layout
- Assist with social media content scheduling and production
When you apply, please include:
- An introduction on why you’d be a great fit for the job (50 words or less).
- Areas of interest (real estate, data, how-to, interior decorating, homes and gardens, etc).
- Writing samples. If you do not provide samples of your writing work, you will not be considered for the role.
Links to any previous work applicable to HomeLight.
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which may include interviews, a homework assignment, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!