We are on a mission to empower people to make smarter decisions during one of life’s most important moments: buying or selling their home. By analyzing 30 million+ real estate transactions from 2 million agents across the country, we are able to take an unbiased, data-driven approach to match our clients with top performing real estate agents to meet each of their specific needs. Our algorithm and marketplace solutions guide our clients through every step of the home buying or selling experience. Join us and build the nation's largest and most trusted platform for selling real estate!
What You'll Do Here:
- Lead our Back-end Product Engineering team in the San Francisco office!
- Build back-end, data-centric features for our B2C product, home-selling suite.
- Execute on requests to pull, analyze, interpret and visualize data.
- Build, manage, and optimize our data architecture and infrastructure.
- Manage our entire data system: roughly 50M transactions from 2M agents.
- Partner with cross-functional, team leads to build out and iterate on team, and individual performance metrics.
- Lead our data release process, and partner with team leads to iterate on and improve existing data pipelines.
- Design and develop systems that ingest and transform our data streams using the latest tools.
- Setup and integrate new cutting edge databases and data warehouses, develop new data schemas and figure out new innovative ways of storing and representing our data.
- 7+ years of fullstack engineering experience with emphasis on backend development.
- Experience with Python, RoR is a plus.
- Experience writing and executing complex SQL queries
- Experience building data pipelines and ETL design (implementation and maintenance)
- Experience with AWS or other IAAS or PAAS provider
- Experience with data processing frameworks and data warehouses such as Hadoop, Spark, Redshift
- Ability to produce high-quality software through unit & functional testing..
Bonus points for:
- Real estate experience
- Experience with Periscope, Looker, Tableau and other BI tools
- Experience with building data pipelines
- Experience with machine learning
- Medical, vision, dental, and paternity/maternity benefits.
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Catered lunches and snacks
- Corporate gym membership
- Company events: happy hours, bowling, bocce league, etc.
To make sure we hire the most qualified people, we have a multi-step interview process which includes two phone interviews, a pre-onsite exercise, an onsite interview, and a reference check. We’re excited to get to know you and hope you’re ready to give this opportunity everything you’ve got!