Highnote was founded in 2020 by former executives from Braintree, PayPal, Lending Club, and Visa with the goal of simplifying payments for emerging enterprises with an all-in-one card issuance and full-stack acquiring platform. In other words, Highnote connects merchants and businesses to the most advanced virtual payments platform - the industry’s first built-for-purpose unified solution for virtual card issuing - extensible through developer friendly open APIs capable of handling the most complex payment processing business flows. Our mission is to help merchants and businesses grow by accelerating their digital transformation with innovative virtual payments products.
Since launching the company in October 2020, Highnote has raised over $90m in funding from Oak HC/FT, Costanoa Ventures, and XYZ Ventures (among others) to help accelerate their time to market and growth. Also invested in Highnote is Bill Ready (current CEO at Pinterest, and former President of Commerce at Google along with former COO of Paypal, and CEO of Braintree and Venmo) and Renaud Laplanche (Co-Founder & CEO of Upgrade, and former Co-Founder & CEO of Lending Club.)
Highnote is headquartered in San Francisco and currently has remote team members in Chicago, Atlanta, Dallas, and New York City. The team is currently 100+ people and growing!
What you’ll be doing
- Building secure and compliant platform products that solve customer needs
- Writing high quality and robustly tested code, mostly in Java
- Understanding customer problems to build the right solutions
- Documenting your work to support our rapidly-scaling company
- Interfacing with a variety of the company’s domains to strengthen our platform
What we are looking for
- 5+ years experience building production software systems
- A history of writing scalable, performant and maintainable code. We strongly believe languages can be learned and care more about your engineering skill over frameworks
- Excitement about shipping customer centric software
- Experience with Java >= 11, JPA ORM mapping, Crafting SQLs, unit and integration testing
- Experience with cloud platforms such as GCP or AWS
- SpringBoot, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with big data technologies such as BigQuery and RedShift
- A background in the fin-tech space
Working at Highnote
- Highnote is an early stage company and every team member is hands on
- We are light on meetings and leave your calendar open to build software
- We’re excited about the varied backgrounds and expertise team members bring and create space for ideas from everyone
- Our technology stack is Java on the backend and React/Typescript on the frontend
Highnote is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.