Founded in 2020 by a team of leaders from Braintree, PayPal, and Lending Club, Highnote is an all in one card issuer processor and program management platform. We give digital-first organizations the flexibility to easily issue and process payment cards that accelerate business growth and profitability.
We’ve raised $104M+ and grown our team to 100+ employees. Headquartered in San Francisco, we’ve managed to build one of the most advanced payments teams in the industry, with team members in 22+ US states.
Operating through our core values of customer obsession, executional excellence, intentional inclusion, we’re helping businesses grow for the future by creating the payment products demanded by tomorrow, with the ability to solve for use cases that don’t exist yet.
We are fast-moving, hands-on, and strongly believe everyone deserves a seat at the table. We believe we’re unlocking incredible opportunities that can change the future of payments, as long as we have the right people to make it happen.
You will be part of our founding sales team and have the opportunity to help build this function from the ground up. As an Account Executive you will be responsible for cultivating and managing relationships with customers. You will work closely with internal stakeholders. You will maintain a pipeline consisting of inbound leads, partner referrals, marketing qualified leads, and self-sourced outbound leads.
Some of the things you’ll own and drive:
- Own a customer account list and develop plans for winning and expanding business with enterprise companies
- Develop outbound strategies that create and nurture customer opportunities
- You will identify, qualify, develop, propose, and close customer opportunities
- You will build strong relationships to foster and expand customer trust
- You will define and execute sales strategies that drive profitable growth while delivering meaningful customer value
- Develop relationships with executive stakeholders at new and existing clients
- Collaborate cross-functionally with operations, product management and product marketing to communicate requirements and opportunities for targeted accounts
Who you are:
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply, but we expect a successful candidate will have:
- 5+ years of sales experience with a track record of top performance
- 2+ years of experience selling an API product
- Ability to understand complex technical product requirements
- Experience negotiating legal contracts
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- An entrepreneurial and ‘getting-things-done’ mindset focused on delivering results
- A strategic, collaborative, and inclusive approach
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ownership mindset - caring about seeing projects through from start to finish
- Lead by example, with empathy and humility
- We’re an early stage startup that allows for our employees to truly build from the ground up and impact every layer of our organization.
- We’re a team of payments obsessed individuals. While some of us come from the fintech world, some of us don’t. We value the varied backgrounds and the diverse perspectives of our employees.
- We’re small on hierarchy and big on growth. We’re a flat organization that allows everyone to have direct exposure to our leadership team. We are looking for builders who thrive in ambiguity.
- We’re backed by Oak HC/FT, Costanoa Ventures, and XYZ Ventures. Angel Investors include Bill Ready (CEO at Pinterest) and Renaud Laplanche (Co-Founder & CEO of Upgrade).
- Flexible time off (unlimited PTO)
- 100% healthcare coverage + 75% coverage for dependents
- 401k program
- Up to 16 weeks off for Maternity leave + up to 6 weeks of Paternity leave
- Equity in Highnote
- Stipend to build out your home office; internet reimbursement
Please note that positions located in San Francisco are hybrid and include core working days of Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday in office.
Highnote is a diverse and inclusive company committed to growing a diverse and inclusive team. We invite people from all backgrounds and identities to apply. We do not discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by US federal state or local laws, or the laws of the country or jurisdiction where you work. Additionally, we encourage everyone to share which pronouns you wish for us to use when addressing you (i.e.: she/her, he/him, they/them, etc).