At Higher Ground Education, we're driven by a deep desire to bring about widespread change in education today. We believe that the traditional method of education used in most schools is antiquated, outdated, and broken. To meet the needs of today's students and to bring about true progress in the world around us, we need an education model that fosters independence and develops competent, capable, action-oriented thinkers and change agents.
We believe that the key to international education reform lies in modernizing and mainstreaming the hugely impactful Montessori pedagogy. It is only then that we will succeed in enabling children across the world to realize their human potential as knowledge-guided, value-oriented, efficacious beings, so that they experience, undiluted and unimpeded, the joyous process of growing into successful adults.
Since our founding 3 years ago, we have opened almost 50 beautiful schools across the U.S. serving students from birth through high school. We have also launched an innovative, blended-learning training organization to fuel our growth. We're on track to open 20 schools in the next 12 months (including our first international schools!), and plan to open 20+ per year each year after that.
As a Mentor & Coach with Higher Ground, you will work with our Program Team to inspire, develop, and support mission-driven educators looking to improve their Montessori practice. This role will require a minimum of 6 months on-the-job training and work in the United States before either being based in Shanghai, China with travel several times a year to the United States or being based in the United States with frequent travel to China.
The right candidate for this position must have:
- An AMI or AMS Montessori diploma
- 3+ years Montessori teaching experience
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional observation skills
- Willingness to travel regularly
- A passion for adult learning
- Comfort with technology
- Bilingual in Mandarin Chinese and English
Day to day responsibilities may include:
- Proposing, designing, and delivering professional development learning opportunities for Montessori guides.
- Offering courses for adult learners both remotely and in in-person group learning environments.
- Coaching and supporting new Montessori Lead and/or Assistant Guides through one on one or group sessions.
- Observing, assessing, and debriefing with Montessori guides to offer direct and constructive feedback.
- Collaborating with a team of agile, thoughtful Montessori experts to support guides through challenging or unusual classroom circumstances.
- Writing, editing, or creating video or photo resources to provide to Montessori Guides in their classrooms (video creation expertise not needed, but be ready to star on film!).
We're looking for someone who is excited to grow with our organization as we grow! This is a full-time position with great benefits, including insurance, paid-time off, a 401(k), and a 100% tuition discount for two children at any school in our network!