High Alpha is hiring key team members for a new B2B SaaS startup in Greenville, SC. We are building a software platform with a built-in community aspect to enhance and serve the Executive Assistant industry. We believe that Executive Assistants are the backbone of successful businesses and executives, and our goal is to provide resources to make their jobs more efficient.
If you’ve ever been interested in developing a product roadmap from scratch as a member of the initial engineering team, this is it!
Overview of the Role
We’re looking for an experienced Director of Product. This position will be with High Alpha’s latest company, which is pre-public launch. You’ll work closely with the internal High Alpha team while reporting directly to the CEO. The platform this team will build will be an enterprise SaaS application, so we need innovative thinkers, leaders, and technologists. We will be using the latest emerging technologies to design, build, and deliver a high quality, robust solution for our enterprise-level customers.
As Director of Product you will be focused on partnering with Design & Engineering, owning strategic product initiatives and prioritizing work that needs to get done. You will work cross-functionally with every part of the organization to understand product requirements, execute a plan, produce products and always listen to customers. Our Director of Product needs to be able to make wise decisions quickly, collaborate effectively with both technical and non-technical team members, communicate clearly with customers and be ready to build software from the ground up.
Our Director of Product will:
- Work with customers and partners to identify product use cases
- Research and understand the market, strengths and weaknesses of competitors
- Leverage market opportunities and deep customer insight to drive design, the product roadmap, feature development, and product priorities
- Drive the agile process with stories, backlog grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives
- Deliver quality products with speed and agility to drive growth and customer satisfaction
- Explore new technologies and integration possibilities
- Work collaboratively to develop marketing plans, positioning, core messaging, presentations, demos and sales tools to support the launch of new products with customers
- Discover emerging trends and market opportunities in the customer success domain.
- Break down UX designs and product features into epics and user stories.
- Work with engineering teams to groom and maintain the product backlog.
- Participate in scrum team ceremonies including release planning, sprint planning, standups, backlog grooming and sprint review.
- Collaborate with designers to build beautiful, elegant and usable interfaces from concept to final delivery.
- Work in fast-paced environment to keep up with customer demands.
- Work cross-functionally with Designers, Marketing and the Engineering teams, facilitating discussions, and giving feedback in the design, planning and delivery cycle.
- Make major contributions to product and marketing strategy by identifying new opportunities, generating innovative solutions, and improving existing features.
- Establish and drive market and customer requirements that inform the technical strategy and vision for the product.
- Define metrics to ensure product success and drive corresponding requirements to deliver on monitoring and actionability of these metrics.
- Partner tightly with engineering to ensure alignment between customer requirements and technology decisions.
- Work with customers, sales teams, and services teams to identify product use cases and drive key features, enhancements and requirements
- Participate in customer-facing events and user conferences as a product expert
- Occasional travel to meet with key customers to understand product needs and issues
- Collaborate with architects, engineers, designers & UX and Data Scientists to bring the best product to our customers
- Have ownership of large, strategic product initiatives
- Contribute to a roadmap that tackles high-value opportunities
- Work directly with the User Experience & Design team to create product designs
- Write user stories and collaborate with the engineering team to prioritize the work
- Have ownership of the quality of the shipped product or feature
- Partner closely with Marketing and Customer Success for product and feature roll outs
Our Director of Product should:
- Be a self-starter who has strong experience creating structure and clarity in ambiguous spaces. You will have a direct impact on the success of the product and the company. In this role, you will own product planning end-to-end, including working with the executive team to define product strategy, driving cross-functional execution, and making important trade-off decisions along the way.
- BA/BS (preferably in a Computer Science related discipline)
- Have 5+ years experience in SaaS product management, with a proven track record delivering valuable products and features that customers love
- Have a great attitude and a team-oriented approach. We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere.
- Fluency with products developed using the latest cloud technologies from Google/Amazon
- Have experience in a fast-paced, test-driven, agile development environment
- Have the ability to function as a bridge across disciplines, such as Design, Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Be able to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and show results, and to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Be able to successfully manage all aspects of a project from start to finish
- Show exceptional communication, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Be ready to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
- Love to collaborate with others to build cutting edge software
- Have a desire to create and work in a fun environment
- Want to be part of a new team developing a product from the ground up
- Demonstrate grace under pressure
Our Director of Product can look forward to:
- A fun, flexible work environment, with a passionate team that is ready to make waves in the EA industry
- The chance to help establish company culture, best practices, team norms, and foundations of product design
- Competitive pay for a new and growing company
- Stock options
- Health insurance, competitive pay, parental leave, and unlimited paid time off
- Tech stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.