Hebrew Public issued a COVID Vaccine mandate for all staff. This will require all staff to receive the COVID Vaccination.
Location: 3300 Henry Avenue, Philadelphia, PA
Start Date: Summer 2023
Network Website: www.hebrewpublic.org
School Website: www.philadelphiahebrewpublic.org
About the Organization:
Hebrew Public Charter Schools for Global Citizens. Hebrew Public is a national network of diverse-by-design public charter schools that teach children of all backgrounds to become productive global citizens. Our schools are models of racial and economic integration, academic excellence, and foreign language learning.
Hebrew Public’s network currently contains thirteen schools in four states and the District of Columbia, serving more than 2,500 students. In New York City, we serve as the Charter Management Organization for schools in Brooklyn and Harlem.
The network’s first school in Philadelphia, Philadelphia Hebrew Public, opened in 2019, serving 156 students in kindergarten and 1st grade. The school will serve 470 students in grades K to 5 in the 2023-24 school year and will add a grade level each year until it ultimately serves grades K to 8 in the 2026-27 school year. PHP provides students with a sophisticated core curriculum in English Language Arts, mathematics, Modern Hebrew, the sciences, social studies, art, music, and physical education.
About the Position:
Hebrew Public seeks an Academic Dean to serve as an integral educational leader supporting its academic program at Philadelphia Hebrew Public (PHP). Working closely with the network academic leadership team and with school-based staff, the Academic Dean will play a critical role in leading and supporting Hebrew Public to achieve its academic vision by leading data-driven instructional coaching and professional development.
The successful candidate will possess a track record of breakthrough student achievement results in their own classroom and will demonstrate a keen ability to coach others to similar outcomes. Reporting to the Head of School, the Academic Dean will drive continual improvement of instruction at their school.
The opportunity is ideal for a proven instructional leader who is passionate about strengthening Hebrew Public’s commitment to exceptional instruction and student achievement.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the network and school leaders, provide instructional coaching, professional development, and evaluations to school based instructional staff.
- Collaborating with other members of the network academic team, establish a unified vision of academic rigor grounded in data-driven instructional decision making.
- Analyze instructional data, including student achievement outcomes, and leverage insights to inform academic priorities.
- Establish and manage exceptional professional relationships with critical stakeholders including Heads of School, Network Directors of Curriculum and Instruction and all teaching staff to provide best-in-class coaching and support.
- A passion for and record of driving student achievement and overall success in diverse communities
- Strong experience analyzing and interpreting instructional data
- An ability to build empathy-based relationships to influence towards outcomes
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania state and national standards, curriculum and assessments
- Comfort navigating a matrixed reporting structure with the capacity to focus on broader organizational goals while adapting to individualized school needs
- A deep belief that all students can thrive in a challenging, high-quality, nurturing and supportive learning environment
- A strong work ethic and commitment to results
- Proven ability and desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- An authentic commitment to the Hebrew Public mission and school model
- Sense of humor
- A minimum of five years of instructional experience, with strong preference given to instructional experts in upper elementary teaching and curriculum
- A minimum of two years of experience as an instructional leader (i.e. Dean of Instruction, Department Chair, Instructional Coach, etc.).
- Experience in academic coaching and test prep
- Deep knowledge of instructional best-practices and comfort across the K-8 continuum of learning.
- PA Teaching Certificate; Instructional Leader Certificate preferred
- Masters Degree in Teaching or related field
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Salary and benefits will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience.
QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:
To be considered, interested applicants must submit a resume and detailed cover letter.
Hebrew Public is committed to building a diverse staff team that reflects the communities we serve and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.