Haven Technologies is a new quote-to-claim insurtech platform for the life, disability and annuities industries that allows carriers to leverage our innovative platform as their own. Through our SaaS model, our solutions, including new business, in-force management and product development, are available to everyone.
We believe in making life better, together. Our time-tested, purpose-built technology has already delighted customers through digital experiences, transformed complex, advisor-driven businesses, and launched new products with speed to help more people access life insurance. Don’t take our word for it, hear directly from our team.
But Haven Technologies is not just about technology. Our people and culture make our product. We believe magic happens when people have an opportunity to work with amazing colleagues and build things that matter.
As a team made of over 300+ dreamers, possibility-seekers and difference-makers, we are focused on taking on challenging problems to create simple, more accessible, and more customer centric solutions. We're located in New York's Flatiron District and in case you're wondering, yes, we provide free snacks. Cold brew too. If you're creative, professional and kind, we'd love to hear from you. Curious about what it’s like to work with us? Read about our culture and values here!
Let’s change the future of life insurance. Together.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
In this role you will help troubleshoot issues in our clients’ production systems and come up with solutions, as well as identifying code issues that need to be addressed longer term. You’ll work on a small team dedicated to the smooth operation of our platform and help coordinate all relevant technical and business parties. Once you are comfortable with our environments, you will assist with production deployments for our clients and be available to navigate high level issues. The ideal candidate has a strong technical foundation and a comfortability digging into the codebase, along with a strong communication background and the ability to multitask on many concurrent issues at the same time.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Help resolve urgent issues in production systems by determining root causes and identifying required solutions
- Reproduce issues in our local code environment and determine permanent solutions
- Ensure correctness of production database information as well as patching necessary data
- Be available for ad hoc support outside of regular hours on a limited basis
- Collaborate with clients, software developers, actuaries and other business product owners to solve real time problems in our client’s systems
- Create and maintain documentation to improve support responses
- Develop a strong understanding of the life insurance business to assist client issues
- 2+ years (non-internship) years of experience as a production support engineer or related software engineering role
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Production/L2 support experience preferred
- Solid understanding of database principles and SQL
- Ability to work on multiple concurrent issues simultaneously
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Authorized to work in the US with or without sponsorship
- Experience working in large scale SaaS production environments
- L2 support experience working as a technical contact with in-depth knowledge of our products and services
- Strong object-oriented design and coding skills
- Strong opinions on techniques that maintain and improve team productivity, code quality, and developer culture but also interested in open and respectful discussions to come up with the best solution
We have a stellar team of co-workers, a really cool office, a flexible hybrid work schedule, and lots of fun activities. Oh yeah, and we pay competitive base salaries and we reward performance. Our salary structure is commensurate with experience. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including medical insurance and 401(K).
We believe that one of the benefits to working here is our people and culture! We’re proud to share that we’ve been consistently named a top workplace by Great Places to Work (#6 Best Workplaces in New York) and BuiltIn (Top 10 Best Midsize Company to Work For in NYC)!
Target annual salary for this role is $110,000 to $140,000 + a bonus opportunity of up to 100% of annual base salary + benefits (including medical, dental, vision, accident and life insurance, paid days off, 401(k), and education reimbursement).
For California residents only: All information collected via this job notice is subject to Haven Tech’s California Privacy Rights Notice, located at https://www.haventech.us/california-privacy-rights-notice/.