Harry's Inc. focuses on one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we provide exceptional shaving products direct to our customers through the Harry’s brand (www.harrys.com) along with products sold in stores as their own brands throughout Europe and the rest of the world.
Tremendous response from our customers has shown us that we are serving a true need. People deserve quality products and experiences, which is why in January of 2014 we bought our German factory and became the only vertically integrated shaving brand – consolidating the company into Harry's, Inc. We are eager to add talented people and are looking to bring amazing people together to help us change the world, one 5-o-clock shadow at a time.
The Harry's Inc. Quality Engineering team is responsible for the production and delivery of high quality products for both the Harry’s brand and our many store brand partners. The Quality Engineering Team supports a key strategic goal of the company – to continue to provide high-quality products to customers and retailers all over the world.
We are seeking a Supplier Quality Engineer to lead the creation and implementation of quality standards and inspection processes for new products being developed by Harry's Inc., and ensure that we continue to deliver high-value quality products in a timely fashion. Additionally, you will support in diagnosing customer complaints and driving corrective actions by changing manufacturing processes, test methods, quality systems and product designs. You will work with teams in the New York and Germany, along with our third-party manufacturing partners globally in a role that will have a tremendous impact on the company, and most importantly, on our customers.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Work cross-functionally (Primarily with the broader Production, Supply Chain, Product Development and Engineering teams) to define and execute Supplier Quality Management and Supplier Development strategies, with the goal of reducing variation (and cost) in sourced and manufactured products.
- Work with suppliers to ensure all necessary quality activities are rigorously addressed during new product development and on-going production.
- Work with suppliers to quickly address and resolve any quality issues seen during on-going production.
- Implement quality tools related to: Control Planning, Process FMEA, Manufacturing process validation, Measurement System Analysis, Statistical Process Control, Tool Qualification and Design of Experiments(DOE).
- Support advanced product quality planning (APQP) process to ensure successful integration of new products into operations.
- Support in qualification of injection mold tool qualification for parts made at our third-party manufacturing partners as well as our own production facility in Germany.
- Proactively work with the Product Development team and suppliers to improve design for manufacturability and reduce defects and cost.
- Ensure supplier test strategy aligns with quality goals & Harry's requirements. Execute supplier audits, CAPA’s and monitor metrics.
Background & Experience:
- Minimum: BS of Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience with 1-2 of them in a manufacturing or production environment
- Exposure to both large (Fortune 1000) multinational companies and smaller, high growth companies
- Exposure to industrial engineering and design for manufacturability is a plus
- Ability to design test equipment and fixturing is a plus
- Exposure to plastics manufacturing is a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin or German and significant international work experience are a strong plus
Characteristics/Traits we are looking for:
- Proven ability to make judgments in uncertain and unstructured environments
- Ability to build towards a future vision, making decisions now with the end goal in mind
- Ability to communicate complex problems in a straightforward and logical manner
- Relationship Builder - Ability to build lasting relationships with internal & external partners and grow with them
- Intensely organized - Able to diligently track complex tasks with large volumes of data and efficiently synthesize them into meaningful and organized ways.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.