We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we set out to give people exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com) . We launched in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response. Today, we want to give people not just shaving products—but amazing grooming products direct to customers online and in select retailers. Now, we’re looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
We are looking for a whip-smart marketer, who has a passion for bringing great, new products into the world. We’re looking for someone who thrives balancing brand, consumer, market, and feasibility inputs—and who is an expert at turning strategy into reality. This role is charged with identifying white spaces for new growth—based on consumer needs and trends at the leading edge of the male grooming—and developing those ideas from mere concepts to margin improving innovations. This role plays a critical role in cross functional collaboration to push concepts from ideation to reality. In this role, you will be collaborating closely with insights and R&D and digital product teams, you will live and breathe our brand, and help translate it into the products our consumers will use every day.
This role could be right for you if you find yourself in these descriptions…
- You love nothing more than pulling together lots of different data points and insights to outline a clear way forward for a brand
- You thrive when bringing concept to reality
- You love thinking about what’s best for real world people—but similarly what can propel a brand and a business forward
- You are naturally tapped into the latest and greatest products, brands, & habits of real people
- You pride yourself in both your creativity and your analytics
- You are hungry to understand all the nuances of new categories
- You have fun collaborating with R&D and understanding all the details of how, why, and when
- You are energized by partnering with a Digital Product team to make special things even greater through digital experiences
- You have a passion for consumers—and what resonates with them, what language can excite them, and what they are driven by and need
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative to explore
- You naturally prioritize and synthesize complex inputs
- You major, above all, in empathy
Here is what you will do:
- Obsess over what people are starting to do & what other brands are tapping into bleeding-edge behaviors
- Use consumer insights and trends to identify key issues and opportunities for potential growth
- Be on the lookout for what’s new—and analyze opportunities and threats they may encounter
- Maintain a consistent and robust understanding of the categories we are in—and may enter—on all things brand, benefits, claims, formulation
- Partner with brand director to map innovation pipeline recommendations
- Prioritize initiatives by using data driven insights and tools
- Ensure resources are optimally devoted to the appropriate strategic solutions.
- Determine priorities for one’s area of accountability to create focus and enable work to be completed efficiently.
- Provide direction, leadership and coaching to members of a project team you are leading.
- Ensure project team members have clarity about their roles and responsibilities.
- Interact with R&D, retail and digital product teams to influence their plans.
- Direct and execute marketing projects including tracking budget, supervising third parties and agencies, following timelines and managing team members to achieve goals.
- Conceptually develop resonant, relevant and meaningful product propositions
- Translate propositions into consumer facing communications including product names and key messaging ideas —for packaging, website, and in store product marketing.
- Drive marketing recommendations and confidence building process in collaboration with insights
- Partner with R&D, insights and digital product teams to inform launch strategies and pricing strategies—across channels and regions.
- Partner and lead brand partnerships through execution, to develop products as needed
- Represent what’s best for the brand within product development conversations with competing needs
- Keep brand consistency top of mind so we are our best selves in the eyes of consumers
- Fight for greatness
Technical Skills Needed:
You come equipped with the skills and knowledge that we would expect within a well-rounded brand marketer:
- Marketing concepts: knowledge of and ability to apply basic marketing concepts (e.g. brand positioning, brand architecture, competitive assessment, marketing strategies, segmentation).
- Brand marketing strategy: knowledge of information used to define brand strategic corridors and develop appropriate business solutions.
- Creative concept evaluation: ability to evaluate creative concepts and executions based on creativity, strategic alignment and consumer impact.
- Marketing research application: ability to leverage research results into actionable marketing and business building initiatives.
- Brand equity: knowledge of procedures used to drive increases in volume and brand equity.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in brand management with a focus on innovation
- A gift at concept development—from idea to actualization
- A talent at writing—and communicating benefits, instructions, and ideas
- Familiarity of innovation processes
- Ability to strategically support creative ideas
- A Bachelor's or other applicable advanced degree
Harry’s believes in bringing together different individuals, ideas and perspectives to create an inclusive space so that people feel comfortable speaking out and pushing boundaries every day. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.