We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com).
We launched in March 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response since then. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online.
About the Team
The Operations team helps bring the Harry’s experience to our customer in its most tangible form. From making incredibly high-quality products to delivering orders and support in exceptional fashion, real-world execution plays a huge role in our ability to create lasting and meaningful relationships with our customers. As our brand grows we are adding key members to the team who can own, architect, and improve components of that said experience. We’re specifically looking for someone who is genuinely excited about redefining delivery and out-of-box experiences for millions of people and developing the Harry’s distribution strategy of tomorrow.
About the Role
As the Distribution Senior Associate (DTC) you will be responsible for ensuring direct to consumer orders get fulfilled on time and error free. You will work with our distribution centers to ensure day to day operations, new product introductions, and product phase in phase outs go smoothly. As the final touch point before our products go out to customers, your role is an important one in defining the customer experience. This role will be based at our headquarters in New York, with some domestic and international travel to our distribution centers.
- Own day to day distribution operations for direct to consumer
- Ensure daily orders are shipped on time and that backlog is cleared
- Ensure efficient and error free material handling at the distribution center from receiving to shipping
- Support new product launches and phase in phase outs
- Capture and report on distribution metrics to create visibility across the company and to drive towards tangible improvements
- Order to ship cycle times
- Fulfillment accuracy
- Inventory accuracy
- Cost per order
- Support strategic functions of distribution
- Bottoms up cost analysis and time studies to support cost negotiations
- Build analytical models to inform decisions around distribution network optimization
- Create processes and systems that will enable distribution to scale efficiently along with Harry’s growth of increasing product complexity and geographic expansion
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Research & Development, Customer Experience, Engineering, Analytics, and Marketing to help shape the customer experience
- Apply continual process improvement frameworks (Six Sigma, Lean, DMAIC) to evaluate opportunities, reduce error, and improve the customer experience
- Minimum Bachelors required, with preference in Engineering, Business, or other quantitative degree
- Minimum 1-4 years in an analytical, data-driven role in management consulting, investment banking, or private equity
- Advanced Microsoft Excel modeling skills and ability to work in or quickly learn SQL
- Superior analytical skills & comfort with large data sets. Experience transforming that data (sometimes incomplete) into sound judgments and implementable decisions. A background in or experience with computer engineering and data visualization tools (i.e. Tableau, Looker, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to balance a focus on the details of a problem with an understanding of the importance of that problem in the context of greater company goals
- Proven ability to make judgments in uncertain and unstructured environments
- Self directed, demonstrated ability to build systems and processes that can scale
- Intensely organized - able to diligently track important figures and efficiently produce them in organized and easy to digest ways for the company
- Superb communication skills and patience with others
- General awesomeness and a sense of humor
Compensation and perks
- We offer competitive start-up rates with access to a senior leadership team.
- High-quality shaving products
- High-quality coffee and snacks
- High-quality high-fives
- Lots of laughs
- Benefits and flexible vacation policy