Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. Today, we make our own shaving and grooming products of the highest quality and sell them directly to customers on our website, in Target stores nationwide, and across a range of specialty retailers for a fraction of the price of similar products. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. We own the entire process, from grinding steel into fine razors blades at our own factory in Germany, to formulating our own creams and gels, to selling our products directly to customers on our website.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We are now looking for an experienced writer to focus on storytelling for Harry’s and be a key member of our in-house advertising team, reporting to the Creative Director.
Our hope is to find a writer who can produce copy both from tight briefs and because they feel like it, creating work that is inspirational, functional, and industry-leading—all at once, where possible. This person should be insatiably curious, and equally excited at the opportunity to help conceive top-level campaign work and iterate and develop messages across multiple channels.
To date, Harry’s has been successful in acquiring new customers across a broad spectrum of on- and offline channels, and developing new and exciting creative work for these channels will be a key part of this role. We’re looking for someone is passionate about the power of good copy across a wide range of advertising and who has worked directly on digital and print campaigns (email, landing experiences, advertising, direct mail). We need someone who is obsessive about details, has a fresh point of view, and who effortlessly fits in with (and adds to) our unique brand. We’re growing fast and the volume of work we’re producing is high; this person will relish the challenge and the opportunity to execute both new ideas and original iterations of historically successful concepts across channels.
While the scope of work will be focused around Facebook, native (content), social, and display advertising channels, there will be many other opportunities to develop campaign and brand work on various scales, as well as to collaborate with and recruit external talent.
Here's What You'll Do:
- Conceive and write copy for a high volume of advertising campaigns across multiple channels and on tight deadlines
- Stay up to date on trends
- Be an organized team player, willing to pitch in on other projects
- Participate in collaborative brainstorms and concept development
- Work closely with print vendors, marketing teams, junior copywriters and freelancers, product managers, UX specialists, front-end developers, engineers and other internal departments
- Interpret needs, objectives, and direction from multiple sources to ensure copy concepts meet brand standards and business goals
This might describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in related field
- 3-5 years of writing experience
- Must be able to produce quality work in a fast-paced atmosphere
- An interest in the commercial performance of work as well as an awareness of the key metrics that an excellent visual product needs to deliver
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to multiple project timelines
- An affinity for current industry developments especially as they pertain to copy and advertising trends
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaborative, and creative problem-solving skills
- An interest in online shopping/e-commerce, with a focus on competitive and comparative brands
- Experience supervising junior writers is a plus.
- Will have worked somewhere where you have pushed the boundaries creatively, but have the ability to understand, interpret, and react to analytics metrics in creative and business-minded ways.
- Have values including earnestness, humility, honesty, and a focus on what’s best for the greater good. We’re looking for a consistently positive attitude, a collaborative personality, and a sense of humor.