We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. As such, we seek to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers online (www.harrys.com).
About the Team
The Global Research and Development team at Harry's works cross-functionally to develop innovative and performance-driven products in the shaving market. The team is focused on advancing the Harry’s direct-to-consumer, retail and strategic store brand businesses in North America, Europe, and Canada.
About the Role
As a Product Manager you will directly own the development of core shaving and grooming products Harry’s brand and our strategic store brand partners. You will manage global, cross-functional teams at the most senior level and lead the product development process from concept to customer ready. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York with domestic and international travel to be expected (up to 40%).
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive New Product Launches:
- Lead global NPI (new product introduction) process to successfully scope, develop, and launch new products for the Harry’s brand and store brand customers
- Work directly with supply chain, operations, production, quality, finance, business development, sales and marketing teams to plan and execute NPI process
- Manage domestic and international suppliers through the designing, prototyping, and manufacturing of cutting-edge new products
- Lead internal and external intellectual property strategy identification and execution
- Communicate product strategy and updates to senior management and broader Harry’s organization
- Own R&D Systems: Develop scalable systems and processes to support Harry’s global expansion
- Develop Category Expertise: Become an expert on all facets of the global grooming market (men’s, women’s, history, intellectual property, trends, whitespace opportunities, etc.) as well as on our product history and manufacturing processes
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years in a dynamic, process driven role such as consulting, or a management training program.
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities to meet rapidly evolving business needs
- Ability to collaborate and drive cross-functional consensus with a global team
- Know-how and confidence presenting to senior leadership in a concise and effective manner
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion, and operate with limited oversight
- An eagerness to learn and tackle any issue that may arise
- A “no task too small” mentality
- Organized, detail oriented and process oriented
- Creative skills to be a contributor to "idea generation" of new products or processes
- A positive attitude and sense of humor
- German or Chinese proficiency is a plus (not required)
Compensation and perks:
We offer competitive start-up rates with access to a senior leadership team.
- A competitive salary and equity options
- High-quality shaving products
- Benefits and flexible vacation policy