The Direct to Consumer team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate Director of Digital Product Design to join us in our SOHO office in Manhattan to build and lead a team of digital designers to help drive and execute on our bold vision for Harrys.com and deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences to guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process. Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country.
About the Team
The Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) team at Harry’s is responsible for the Harrys.com P&L, and our mission is to build delightfully personalized experiences in grooming that leverage the direct relationships we have with our customers to make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product and design solutions to serve them, and build user centric experiences. We then launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver high-performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences and always look to improve.
You are a digital product design visionary with an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable and functional web product experiences, you represent the users every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what you’re building. Information architecture & hierarchy, user flows and UI patterns are second nature to you. You thrive in entrepreneurial and nimble environments, and eat, sleep, and breathe digital media, best practices, and user behaviors. You are a natural born leader that can inspire, mentor, and motivate a team of product designers and graphic designers. You’re willing to get your hands dirty and complete all tasks big and small when needed to support your team, to make sure a feature is delivered.
- Oversee design for the direct-to-consumer channel (i.e. Harrys.com) including web product, UX/UI, email, direct response advertising, and landing experiences to drive amazing customer experiences and positive business results.
- Lead a team of UX, visual, and graphic designers to create usable, valuable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across platforms and devices throughout the customer journey including website, app, landing pages, ads, and email touchpoints by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Understand and hone in on user needs, and leverage this understanding to guide the ideation and definition of product requirements, both directly and via a team of designers.
- Individually and with the team, rapidly create low-fi sketches, user flows, wireframes, and prototypes to inform the ideation process. Design wireframes with a clear vision for information architecture and hierarchy, and an ability to articulate user expectations.
- Help drive usability research to validate design decisions, interpret user feedback with critical hypotheses, and show agility to adapt designs even if it means significant change.
- Make lean design decisions and help evolve our digital pattern library to enhance a holistic visual language.
- Hire, train and lead a team of web product and growth marketing designers, provide coaching and mentorship, develop their product design and design process acumen.
- Juggle multiple priorities and enable quick testing iterations in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Be a UX/UI thought leader in our organization, keep up to date and share industry trends and best practices about product design and UX processes.
- Become a subject matter expert on Harry’s surfaces.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, product designer, information architect, or in a similar role building digital products cross-platforms, with increasing responsibility
- 3+ years experience in building, training and leading a team of UX and visual designers.
- Ability to build a holistic user experience from scratch that can scale across devices and platforms, with comfort across a range of platforms and devices such as responsive web, apps, integrations with third-party products.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn high level ideas into a creative vision and strong user experience, with specific examples of user flows, wireframes and documentation demonstrating your design thinking and ability to tell a user story.
- Expertise in using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other standard design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working in tight collaboration with and influencing development, product, and marketing teams, with ability to synthesize feedback and input from research, product managers and development teams.
- Deep understanding of the digital product design and development process.
- Experience designing for e-commerce in a web environment
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams
- Experience with agile development process, usability research and testing
- Ability to prototype using Justinmind / proto.io / Invision / Flinto / Pixate
- Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent Education experience