The Digital Product team at Harry’s is looking for an innovative and passionate Director of Product Design (UX) to join us in our SOHO office in Manhattan to build and lead a team of product designers to help drive and execute on our bold product vision and deliver delightful and thoughtful experiences to guys all over the world to help them prepare for their day, every day.
Harry’s was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and most importantly for guys who know they shouldn't have to overpay for a great shave. Like many guys, we’ve long had to choose between over-priced razors that disrespect your intelligence, and cheap razors that disrespect your face. We knew there had to be a better way, so we created Harry’s as a return to the essential: a great shave at a fair price.
To learn more about our story, check out website https://www.harrys.com/our-story
The Digital Product Team @ Harry’s
At Harrys, the Digital Product team represents the customer, and our mission is to build powerful, direct-to-consumer experiences that will delight customers and make their lives easier. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We hone-in on customer needs, ideate the best product and design solutions to serve them, and build user centric experiences. We then launch, measure and iterate on solutions and never settle until we find the right answer for our customers. We are a highly collaborative team that partners cross-functionally to deliver highly performing, maintainable, beautiful customer experiences and always look to improve.
You are a product design visionary with an insatiable appetite for understanding your customers and are relentless in finding solutions that meet their needs, sweating the details and tying them back to the big picture. You have a knack for creating intuitive, scalable and functional products, you represent the users every step of the way, keeping them at the heart of what you’re building. Information architecture & hierarchy, user flows and UI patterns are second nature to you. You thrive in entrepreneurial and nimble environments, and eat, sleep, and breathe digital media, best practices, and user behaviors. You are a natural born leader, that can lead mentor and motivate a team of UX and visual designers. You’re willing to get you hands dirty and complete all tasks big and small when needed to support your team, to make sure a feature is delivered.
- Understand and hone in on user needs, and leverage this understanding to guide the ideation and definition of product requirements, both directly and via a team of designers.
- Lead a team of UX and visual designers to conceptualize usable, valuable, consistent and intuitive user experiences across platforms and devices by considering market context, industry and competitive trends, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings.
- Rapidly create low-fi sketches, user flows and wireframes and prototypes to inform the ideation process. Design wireframes with a clear vision for information architecture and hierarchy, and an ability to articulate user expectations.
- Help drive usability research to validate design decisions, interpret user feedback with critical hypotheses, and show agility to adapt designs even if it means significant change.
- Make lean design decisions and work within the constructs of our pattern library to ensure we’re launching improved experiences for our customers.
- Help evolve our digital pattern library to enhance a holistic visual language.
- Hire, train and lead a team of Ux and visual designers, provide coaching and mentorship, develop their product design and design process acumen.
- Juggle multiple priorities and create a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Be a UX thought leader in our organization, keep up to date and share industry trends and best practices about product design and UX processes.
- Become a subject matter expert on Harry’s surfaces.
- 8+ years of experience as a UX designer, product designer, information architect, or in a similar role building digital products cross-platforms, with increasing responsibility
- 3+ years experience in building. training and leading a team of Ux and visual designers.
- Ability to build a holistic user experience from scratch that can scale across devices and platforms, with comfort across a range of platforms and devices such as responsive web, apps, integrations with third-party products.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates your ability to turn high level ideas into a creative vision and strong user experience, with specific examples of user flows, wireframes and documentation demonstrating your design thinking and ability to tell a user story.
- Expertise in using Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and other standard design and prototyping tools.
- Experience working in tight collaboration with and influencing development, product, and marketing teams, with ability to synthesize feedback and input from research, product managers and development teams.
- Deep understanding of the digital product design and development process.
- Experience designing for e-commerce in a web environment.
- Experience working in-house embedded within product/design teams
- Experience with agile development process, usability research and testing.
- Ability to prototype using Justinmind / proto.io / Invision / Flinto / Pixate.
- Degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent Education experience.