Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
About the Team
The Strategic Finance team leads the Treasury and Investor Relations functions as well as supports on other special projects. Our team is passionate about fixing things and bringing clarity to the uncertain through insightful analysis and relentless execution. We are responsible for managing corporate liquidity, cash investments, debt portfolio, working capital, managing enterprise risk and our insurance program, serving as the mouthpiece for the organization with our investors, bankers and analysts, assisting in initiatives across Finance, and providing ad hoc project support to our CFO and the Harry’s, Inc. Leadership team.
About the Role
In this dynamic, high-visibility role you will combine your problem solving skills, deep technical finance knowledge, transactional capabilities, and ability to own day-to-day scope – to keep our Treasury and Investor Relations functions operating at a high level. You will partner with our Sr. Mgr Strategic Finance & Special Projects, the CFO, and other cross-functional leaders across Harry’s. Your responsibilities will span from helping drive our liquidity and working capital management processes, creating executive-level presentations for both our internal leaders and external partners, executing on our cash investment strategy and managing our debt portfolio (new issuance and compliance), supporting on M&A and strategic initiatives – and beyond. If you are looking for the chance to expand your finance toolbelt while being able to make your mark on a fast-growing enterprise, we’d love to have you on the team.
What you will accomplish:
- Solve complex finance and business challenges with a solution-oriented mentality – using critical thinking skills and technical finance expertise
- Own critical aspects of the Company’s liquidity and working capital management program
- Assist in investing excess cash resources in accordance with our investment policy
- Support new issuance and ongoing compliance of our debt portfolio
- Simplify the complex: use your advanced financial modeling skills to analyze and extract insight out of disparate data
- Create and deliver insightful presentations that help inform strategic decisions
- Help manage and lead cross-functional projects across Harry’s – building strong working relationships with key leaders – with empathy, trustworthiness, and a keen sense of ownership & responsibility for Treasury and Investor Relations
- Play an active role in supporting our strategic goals
This might describe you:
- Finance professional that wants to use their technical skills to help build a values-centric, growth-minded, world class enterprise
- Proven track record of success (4+ years) in Investment Banking, Management / Financial Consulting, Private Equity, Corporate Finance management development program, or a similar background
- Advanced knowledge of cash flow forecasting & liquidity management, working capital optimization, risk management & insurance, and GAAP accounting concepts
- Strong excel and powerpoint skills
- Change agent that has a desire to make things better – with a bias toward execution
- Expert communicator who is proactive, polished, transparent, and humble
- Your enthusiasm permeates through your work as you approach challenges with a positive attitude – taking each as an opportunity to learn & develop
- Nimble and adaptive: able to adjust to evolving priorities and can take roadblocks and changes in stride – never losing sight of the bigger picture / mission and maintaining calmness & composure during challenging circumstances
- You take your work seriously but don’t take yourself too seriously
Who you will work with:
- Reporting to the Senior Manager of Strategic Finance & Special Projects
- Working closely with the CFO and other members of the Harry’s, Inc. leadership team; partnering across the Finance & Accounting organization, as well as with the Systems, Operations, and Labs teams
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $107,200-$147,400, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.