With well-designed products and honest conversations at its core, Flamingo launched in 2018 with a suite of products for body hair. Since then, we have expanded our assortment to be the first brand that offers products for every routine: razors, wax strips for face and body, shave gel, body lotion, mons mist, ingrown spot treatment and tweezers. In February 2019, Flamingo launched at Target stores nationwide, immediately jumping to the top of the bestseller list for razors, wax strips, and shave gel. Our products and campaigns have been covered by outlets like Vogue, Vanity Fair, Elle, and InStyle, and we’ve won major beauty accolades like Allure’s Best in Beauty, Self’s Healthy Beauty Awards and Women’s Health Beauty Awards.
About the role
As a Summer Brand Communications intern for the Flamingo brand you will be a part of the core team responsible for leading the development of breakthrough narratives and brand communications campaigns that help introduce Flamingo to the world and create a deep relationship with the consumer. The role will be a unique learning experience: you will learn the ins and outs of earned media, a vehicle for building brand awareness and momentum. The Brand Communications intern will play an important part by assisting our team with our 2023 strategy which will include assisting with day to day management of PR requests and initiatives in partnership with our agency, brand partnerships, event execution, organic social and content support, offline activations and end-to-end execution of brand marketing campaigns. During your time on the team, you will learn how to support rolling out a 360 earned media strategy by leveraging traditional PR, brand partnerships and brand campaigns.
We’re looking for someone who values a hands-on learning experience and is the ultimate team player. You’ll love this role if you want to learn more about building best-in-class brands through strategic marketing campaigns and navigating an ever-changing media landscape.
What you will observe, learn about, and accomplish:
- Support day-to-day press, influencer, and social activities.
- Assist with execution of 2023 brand partnerships and offline marketing activities.
- Assist with execution of press, influencer and consumer branded events.
- Participate in internal meetings by providing updates on assigned projects/tasks and actively participate in brainstorm sessions by sharing new ideas for campaigns, product launches, etc.
- Assist the team with creating monthly reports and campaign recaps.
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- You’re a rising Junior, Senior or recent grad studying Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Media, English, Creative Writing or similar.
- You are a natural communicator with strong writing skills; you can sell people into a vision and bring them along on your thought process and strategy.
- You are creative and brimming with your own ideas.
- You are very organized; to-do lists are your jam! You’re known for being detail oriented and getting things done in a timely manner.
- You have your finger on the pulse of trends; you know what’s relevant, what’s new, and what’s coming up.
- You are resourceful, take initiative and are comfortable in a fast-paced environment. Working under tight deadlines and adapting to change comes naturally to you.
- You are comfortable receiving and providing feedback! You are able to address questions, concerns, and critique in a clear, confident way and able to pivot quickly based on feedback.
- You actively seek opportunities for learning and growth outside traditional education.
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report into the Brand Marketing + PR Manager
- You will work on the Flamingo Brand Communications team
- You will work cross functionally with the Flamingo Social and Content Marketing Managers, the Creative Team, the DTC team, the Brand Management Team and more!
About Harry’s, Inc.
Harry’s, Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s, Inc. is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.