About the Team
The Accounting team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness and accuracy, recording and presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in North America.
About the Role
This position will be reporting to the Personal Care Accounting team, while rotating through the following teams: Personal Care, Emerging Brands, Consolidation and Tax. Within the Global Accounting team, you will play a key role in learning about and helping the team establish strong controls around our month end close process, including performing account reconciliations for various accounts within multiple brands and entities related to revenue and contra adjustments, cash, and accounts receivable, all while giving the team the ability to scale with our growing businesses.
What you can expect from our summer internship program:
- Learn about Harry’s history and culture through our Summer Intern onboarding experience
- Socialize and build your network through regular check-ins, lunches and events with fellow interns
- Develop relationships with and secure guidance from mentors from your immediate team and from one of our seven Employee Resource Groups
- Participate in regular Q&As with Harry’s, Inc. leadership
- Highlight projects you observed and contributed to in an End of Summer Wrap-Up with your fellow interns, in a fun and engaging forum
You will observe, learn about, and accomplish:
- Support/observe the team with Month End closing tasks relating to revenue, accounts receivable, cash, and other general ledger accounts; all while collaborating with various teams across the organization
- Support/observe the retail accounting manager with invoicing and accounts receivable collections
- Support/observe the team with daily cash applications and monthly cash reconciliations
- Assist with developing, documenting, and improving processes and policies to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist with researching recent accounting standards updates
- Assist with tying out of quarterly financial statements
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Learn more about each of our brands (Harry’s, Flamingo, Lume and Cat Person)
- Gain an understanding of how each of our brands consolidate to form Harry’s, Inc.
- Gain an understanding of how our various accounting functions successfully work together to provide impactful reporting to Leadership
You should apply if some or all of the following apply to you:
- Working on or completed a degree in accounting
- Ability to dive into solving problems and data inconsistency
- Ability to collaborate within teams
- Advanced Excel skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Personal Care Assistant Controller
- You will work closely with various teams across the accounting function, including the Personal Care, Emerging Brands, Consolidation and Tax teams
Harry’s, Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Wednesdays and lunch on Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salaries are based on paying competitively for our size and industry. The base salary for this position is $25/hour.
We will be accepting applications until March 2023. We will contact select applicants regarding next steps at that time.