Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
* Engineering is a remote first team
About the Role
Flamingo is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who wants to be a part of our mission to create things people like more. You’ll be joining a team of three engineers focused on front end development for www.shopflamingo.com. You’ll design and develop new features using technologies like React, TypeScript, CSS, and GraphQL.
What you will accomplish:
- Deliver projects on time, autonomously, in familiar technology, with work that requires little validation and oversight.
- Collaborate within small teams, successfully releasing changes to production without impacting performance or reliability.
- Create clear and complete technical design documents, runbooks, code reviews, or incident resolutions.
- Identify and correct defects, not just your own, within your domain.
This should describe you:
- You have worked with GraphQL.
- You have experience with unit and feature testing, CI/CD processes, and web performance.
- You are eager to learn and share knowledge
- You get excited about diving into new projects, programs, technology, and are curious/open when discussing different approaches to work
- You are able to deliver constructive feedback that feels objective and supportive
- You communicate the “why” behind a decision so teammates understand rationale and can make better decisions accordingly
- You are reliable and communicate actively (and empathetically)
About the Team
Harry’s engineering team works remotely but has bases in both NY and London. The Platform team builds solutions for all of its DTC brands, operating in all regions of the world. It partners with product managers, CX agents, front end and back end developers to enable our staff to service our customers to the best of our ability.
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.
We can’t quantify all of the intangible things we think you’ll love about working at Harry’s, like the exciting challenges we tackle, the smart and humble team you’ll get to work with, and our supportive and inclusive culture. That said, our salary ranges are based on paying competitively for our size and industry, and are one part of our total rewards package, which also includes a comprehensive set of benefits and our equity program. The base salary hiring range for this position is $122,400-$168,300, but the final compensation offer will ultimately be based on the candidate’s location, skill level and experience.