Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched two new brands including Flamingo and Cat Person, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
The Senior Manager of Engineering for Harry’s International will lead a team of 3 engineers. They will also play the role of Site Leader for UK Engineering as a whole (currently a team of 9) helping develop and build that office and its local engineering culture over time. The role provides regular opportunities to impact the Harry’s International business while also contributing to a larger engineering organization building a modern technology stack.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide mentoring and coaching to a talented engineering team. Manage the careers of your reports via performance assessments, promotion cycles, and learning and development.
- As a site leader, build and develop the local UK engineering office and culture. Over time, establish Harry’s as a tech brand in the UK.
- Drive improvements to the technology stack. Obtain a thorough understanding of the codebase, review PRs, and contribute code opportunistically.
- Partner with business stakeholders and product managers to understand sprint goals, business objectives and influence and execute against them.
- Work with engineering leadership and talent acquisition teams to hire a diverse group of great engineers into the organization
This should describe you:
- You are an empathetic leader able to attract a diverse pool of talent.
- You create a culture of inclusion not just within your own team, but cross-functionally as well, going out of their way to meet new hires and hold inclusive meetings and events
- You engage in direct conversations about priorities, deliverables, and performance. You are not afraid to hold yourself and others accountable.
- You have experimented with new programs, projects, or ideas and are curious/open when debating a new way of approaching work
- You actively share knowledge and expertise with others, across the organization
- You are a technologist, excited and enthusiastic about engineering culture, best practices, and new technologies.
- You have experience with e-commerce (and preferably subscription) businesses and understand basic business concepts like LTV and CAC.
About the team
Harry’s Engineering Team builds and maintains a suite of solutions that power eCommerce sites for multiple brands on multiple continents. We are a small, autonomous team with grand ambitions. We make decisions empirically and we choose the right solutions for the job.
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to the Chief Technology Officer of Harry’s Inc.
- Leading a team of 3 front end developers but working closely with all of UK Engineering (Playing role of site leader)
- Working with Engineering Leadership, Product Management, business stakeholders and the GM of the international business
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.