Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, and Headquarters, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
About the Team
The Accounting team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness and accuracy, recording and presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in North America.
About the Role
This is a position within the North American Accounting team which will play a key role in establishing the accounting function within the emerging and growth brands segment of our business. This is a unique position within our organization to work on integration and implementation activities for a recently acquired company, while helping build strong controls around our month-end close process; including preparing all account reconciliations, assisting in creation of financial statements, and building analytical commentary. You will be working directly with the North American Accounting team and will regularly engage with teams around the company.
What you will accomplish:
- Manages various accounting functions including ledger maintenance, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue and asset accounting, including completing the month-end close process and associated analysis and reporting
- Completes all analysis and reporting of financial information as compared to budgets, forecasts, and planning.
- Ensures compliance with applicable policies and reviews contracts to ensure that revenue is recorded in compliance with GAAP
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Provides data insights to assist in the creation of sales forecasts, business plans and strategies to accomplish company revenue objectives.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to accomplish company objectives.
- Assist in completing special projects, as needed.
You might have this background:
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Ability to dive into solving problems and data inconsistency
- Ability to collaborate within a team
- CPA a plus.
- Audit experience in retail, manufacturing or ecommerce also a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- S/4 Hana or similar ERP experience would be awesome
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
- Experience establishing and maintaining the organization's overall accounting systems, procedures, and policies.
- Familiar with a variety of the accounting / finance field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Assistant Controller, Emerging and Growth Brands
- You will work closely with North American Finance, Distribution, Retail teams
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.