What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role:
The Director of Digital Product will drive the product vision and roadmap to make Cat Person a leader in online pet care. This role will be responsible for our ecommerce site and the collaborative technical, creative, design and data work that goes along with making it a success. You’ll find and chase down opportunities to drive users to our website and maximize their experience through a customer-centric lens. In doing so, you’ll build and manage a team of individuals in product management, engineering, email and design. Additionally, this highly cross-functional role will work closely with leaders from across the organization, including Brand, Creative, Growth, Operations and Customer Experience.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Define and own the product vision and roadmap to hit company goals and objectives, with a focus on driving improved conversion and retention
- Lead the optimization and expansion of our site, with new features, designs and product launches that produce a best-in-class customer experience
- Own the overall customer journey across the website and email channels ensuring it’s cohesive and performant towards company goals and objectives.
- Build and develop a highly motivated team of product managers, designers and engineers to ensure motivation, accountability and cohesion of efforts
- Own the definition, development and implementation of product features - lead requirements discovery, solution design, user story writing, managing backlog and sprint plans across engineering and product design resources, and user acceptance testing
- Partner with leaders in brand, creative, growth, operations and customer experience to align the product roadmap and prioritization with commercial activities
- Lead ecommerce analytics - create and track KPIs, monitor the success of new features, and use data to help drive insights into what to build next.
- Conduct user research and usability studies to identify opportunities for new and existing features and improved functionality
- Manage relationships with third party partnerships powering the Cat Person website
This should describe you:
- 6+ years experience working on ecommerce digital product across engineering, design & product teams, ideally at a B2C company. Bonus for experience with digitally native, direct to consumer brands, especially subscription businesses
- Experience creating detailed requirements, producing wireframes, leading prototype development and developing user stories
- Deep knowledge of agile methodologies
- Technical fluency, understand architectures, UI, back-end, and work with the engineering team to understand when to make a technical trade-off; possesses an understanding of modern software engineering principles
- Experience working on Shopify or another large-scale ecommerce platform; experience with Recharge a plus
- Self-motivated and impact-oriented with a bias for action and passion for rolling up their sleeves
- Customer-centric and data-driven decision maker, with a deep understanding of A/B testing tools and techniques, BI platforms and web event tracking
- Strong leader and coach. Able to grow and develop a team a strong team across UX/UI Design, Product, Email and Engineering
- Experience with fast-paced or high growth environments
- Strong communication, teamwork, problem-solving and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to influence across functions and levels.
- Passion for cats and/or animals a plus
About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats and cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats and products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, and thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, and marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market and flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people and launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's Inc. family of brands.
Cat Person and Harry’s Inc. are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Cat Person’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your Hiring Manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more. #BI-Remote
#LI-HS1 #LI-Remote #BI-Remote