Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with a specific goal: disrupt the shaving industry by creating an innovative, everyday product at a fair price. Since then, Harry’s has expanded to Canada and Europe, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, launched three new brands including Flamingo, Cat Person, and Headquarters, and made our first brand acquisition with Lumē.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, the Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 5 or 500, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
Harry’s is operating as a hybrid-first environment - for us, that means that we ask folks to come into our beautiful, 88,000 square foot SoHo office a minimum of 2 days per week, with flexibility to choose exactly which days work best for you. What will you get out of that? Bagels on Tuesdays, lunch on Wednesdays and Thursdays, and fully stocked kitchens with snacks, coffee, and drinks everyday. Can’t forget the free products and the opportunity to have some meetings without Zoom (remember what 2019 was like?)
We are still requiring vaccinations for in-office employees. Reasonable accommodations due to a medical reason or sincerely held religious belief may be made.
Mission and defining characteristics
- This role will be dedicated to serving as a category expert and advisor for the men’s grooming and women’s hair removal product categories.
- Engage with Target Sr. Buyer and merchant team on special projects and creative category arrangement solutions to optimize the selection and display of the product ranges on the shelf.
- Establish and maintain an ongoing relationship between suppliers and Target with the primary goal of managing category growth and increasing profit.
- Leverage custom consumer and guest insights, social insights, and omnichannel analytics to unlock new category innovation opportunities.
- Leverage exhaustive category analysis to identify emerging growth opportunities.
- Establish omni-channel strategies to increase penetration and conversion in both brick and mortar and via digital engagement.
External - Main tasks
- Proactively share extensive knowledge of the product category to help advise the development of the overall retail strategy for that category. Leverage trends, seasonality and various other factors into account.
- Serve by providing detailed and advanced analytics, to help inform project recommendations and complete presentation materials. Build relevant reports and dashboards that track progress and generate insights for future project iterations.
- Build and maintain true understanding of market trends and omni-channel category insights.
- Based on insights and customer knowledge, identify category growth opportunities at Target and define brand strategies to maximize category potential, including Target’s Men’s World strategy.
- Relay omni-channel commercial insights to the Sr. Buyer and the entire merchant team, as required.
- Maintain confidentiality consistent with Target Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Harry’s Inc. - this role will report directly to Strategy Insights and Analytics, and will not report to the sales team
- Target - this role will work directly with Sr. Buyer and her team + Target category management team
Measures of success
- Quality of the Internal and external strategic insights
- Development and implementation of Target strategic projects
- Depth of collaboration and support for Target to develop winning category strategies (grow share of market)
- Enable informed considerations for Sku rationalization and shelf orchestration
- Growth in shopper penetration and conversion
- Category and brand revenue growth and share of market
- Previous consultancy or strategy experience
- Retail understanding and experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in a consulting, strategy and analytics, or category management role
- Proven analytics experience from insights to recommendations that fuel project success. Experience with syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, Retailer POS, Digital).
- Proven ability to develop sharp insight and build it into action plans to optimize sales and profit
- Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor messages to diverse audiences
Benefits and perks
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401k match
- Equity in Harry’s
- Unlimited PTO and flexible working hours
- Wellness and L&D stipends
- One month sabbatical after 5 years
- 16 weeks parental leave
- Fun IRL and virtual events including happy hours, team building events, and parties on our rooftop
- Free products from all of our brands
We have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.