About the Role
Harry’s is seeking a highly talented and motivated individual to lead the creative development of our direct response marketing as our DTC Design Lead. The role, based in London (hybrid working) sits within our performance marketing team, but works cross-functionally to support multiple functions across DTC, including performance marketing, digital product, website and email.
Design efforts on the marketing team at Harry’s are aimed at driving engagement, primarily to acquire new customers. You won’t just be making people ‘aware’ of the product – your team’s work needs to be disruptive enough to actually get them to try it! Working on both Harry’s and Flamingo and across assets for the UK and the EU, the postholder will lead a growing team of 3, and will ensure that all elements of direct response creative, from day to day optimisations to bigger swings, are completed as effectively and efficiently as possible.
This person will need to excel from a creative perspective, leading the development of disruptive creative concepts and supporting our excellent existing team to produce their best work. However, they’ll also need to be a great all rounder, streamlining our processes, managing our creative budget, and leading the ongoing development of our creative structures, working out how we best utilise freelancers, agencies, influencers and in-house staff.
Role and Responsibilities
Deliver great work: Working across all digital marketing channels (primarily social & display), print, web and email, you will lead your team to produce a consistent steam of high-quality assets, rolling up your sleeves and leaning in where necessary. You’ll take personal responsibility for ensuring the team effectively balances essential day-to-day optimisations and disruptive bigger swings.
Team management, leadership & development: You’ll take responsibility for the ongoing workflow of your team, utilising freelancers to dynamically expand/contract the team as required. You’ll monitor workload and be comfortable pitching for additional resource when necessary, and keep an eye on the horizon and provide a clear future vision in terms of team structure. You’ll offer the right balance of support and challenge to an experienced creative team.
Concept ideation and development: To continue to grow, we can’t keep doing the same-old-same-old. As well as our ongoing business as usual, we need to test new approaches to keep our brand feeling fresh and appeal to as broad a range of audiences as possible.
Process/budget management: In such a fast-moving organisation, this role will be essential for managing the tools we use to deliver, including optimising our creative processes and maximising the DTC creative budget.
All In, All Together: Things always crop up at Harry’s, and we need people who can roll up their sleeves, react to last minute requests, and reprioritise workload quickly in order to deliver.
Experience and qualifications
- 5+ years professional experience in graphic and web design
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication or related field
- Current portfolio of self-created work showcasing strong technical design skills with an emphasis on strong layout design, typographic skills and animation for creative marketing campaigns and assets
- High proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop & Powerpoint/Keynote, After Effects for motion graphics and a working knowledge in Figma.
- Digital photography knowledge and skills a plus; both formal photoshoots and UGC
- Team management experience (in-house, freelancers)
- Existing contact book of freelancers/freelance talent agencies across a broad spectrum of skills (photography, videography, video editing, retouching etc)
- Player-coach – ability to lean in or step away as appropriate
- Budget management experience
- Familiar with the end-to-end creative process, from brief, to concept, to execution
- TV/radio production experience desirable
- Basic photo editing/retouching skills are a plus
- Comfortable having work evaluated based on strict performance metrics
- Project management skills, ability to manage stakeholders from across a large, diverse organisation
- Intellectual curiosity – constantly working with channel managers to understand what’s working, what’s not, and what can be improved.
- Organised, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a hands-on, fast paced environment – delivering things on time, on budget, to a high standard.
- Great interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across all levels
- Appetite to both give and solicit feedback when working with cross-functional teams on process improvements
- Sense of humour -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously.
- Learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- Thrives on direct, honest and supportive communication.
- Able to work under tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects.
- Digital-first thinker – understanding of ongoing digital and social media trends, customer digital behaviours, and the wider digital marketing marketplace.
- German speaker (desirable, not essential!)
What you’ll get out of it:
- Competitive salary, regularly reviewed according to Radford data to ensure market rate.
- A Harry’s equity grant.
- A ‘Wellness reimbursement’ to help with your gym plans...
- ...and a weekly breakfast and lunch, on the house, to mess with them.
- An annual learning & development stipend.
- 25 days of holiday plus the 8 bank holidays.
- A one month paid sabbatical after five years with us.
- Medical cover, dental cover, vision cover.
- 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave, plus four weeks of customized re-boarding.
- A pension savings plan with company matching.
- ...and of course, lots of complementary Harry’s products!
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.