About the role
This role is joining the growing Design Operations function within the Global Design team. We’re rapidly scaling to support an increasing number of brands, retailers, and geographies under the Harry’s Inc. umbrella. This role will own projects and processes related to:
- Product design
- Packaging design
- In-store marketing spaces in mass, drug, and grocery retailers
This is a highly visible position tackling process and project-based work. As a project manager, you will lead work across the company as the voice and ears of Harry’s Design.
- You are involved throughout the entire lifecycle of a project--from kickoff-to launch and every point in between.
- You will own the design execution phase and be the primary source of contact for designers and cross functional partners.
- Paramount to this role is ensuring seamless handoffs between teams and sub-functions as we work together to bring new products and displays to market
- You will not only help adhere to process but also adapt and help build new processes as workflows and functions change
This integral role accelerates the speed of work across the Design function and the business at large and allows designers to focus on creating best in class designs (core to Harry’s DNA).
Note this is not a designer role, but a passion for design is a must.
What you will do
- Gain a deep understanding of the different expert sub-functions within the Design Team and understand the intricacies of each: Industrial Design, Print Production and Store Design, Design Operations
- Work within the Harry’s Design Team and partners on projects big and small, earning trust along the way.
- Build great cross-functional collaborative relationships. Socializing our needs and ways of working is critical.
- Efficiently maintain and innovate on the processes, systems, and tools in place to support Design. Navigate complex processes and lead others in improvements.
- Able to work and remain detail-oriented/energized within aggressive timelines, and while juggling many projects across different brands
- Able to effectively communicate within the team/org and negotiate timelines, decision making, and feedback.
- Keep the team on track using exceptional communication skills and creating clear process documentation.
- Anticipate what's ahead and balance the resource allocation. You will proactively sound the alarm on issues that may derail our process/timeline.
- Celebrate our wins and help to adapt when we have set backs.
This should describe you
- You have worked as a process manager / trafficker / project manager / producer for a design team or design-driven company
- Bonus points:
- You have experience managing mass-retail in-store marketing spaces: communicating with printers and fixture manufacturers, reading technical drawings, and managing prototyping schedules
- Foundational knowledge of packaging and corrugated display manufacturing as well as familiarity with semi-permanent displays.
- You take previous reflections and learnings and uses them to improve processes, systems and overall work quality
- Meticulous attention to detail and ability to relentlessly follow up
- Able to recognize patterns and breakdown tough problems. Excited to brainstorm, hypothesize, and test solutions
- Able to act as the primary source of contact but still have the confidence to ask for help. Exhibits a high level of ownership.
- Resilient and unwavering dedication to the process
- Lightning fast learner - Get up to speed quickly to get to know the design process and the inner workings of Harry’s
- Smart and thoughtful, with a sense of humor
- Communication guru
Here's who you'll work with
- Reporting to Senior Design Operations Manager
- Working within the broader Design team
- Working cross-functionally with the entire Harry’s org globally: R&D, Packaging, Retail, Strategy, Brand, Creative, Finance, Sourcing, Legal, and Leadership.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.