What is Cat Person?
Cat Person is a new DTC (direct-to-consumer) brand shaking up the $75B pet industry by bringing respect, love and innovation to a long overlooked and underserved category: cat care. We started Cat Person because we saw a real need: thoughtfully designed food and goods made just for cats and the people who love them.
Launched in March 2020, and born out of Harry’s Labs, the innovation arm of Harry's Inc., Cat Person offers a line of essentials to help cat parents better care for their cats, including food, treats, furniture and toys. A design-forward brand, we consider both the cat’s and the cat person’s needs in everything we make and do. It’s all part of our mission: to make life with cats even more awesome than it already is.
Though small, our vision is grand. We aren’t just here to revolutionize cat care for the millions of cat parents in the US; we’re redefining what it means to be a cat person in culture today. Every role at Cat Person plays a part in redefining cat persons for the modern era.
About the Role:
The Email and Lifecycle Marketing Manager will play an important role in growing Cat Person’s relationships with customers and subscribers through the creation of meaningful touchpoints and experiences. You will develop the strategy and roadmap and oversee day-to-day execution, to acquire, convert, retain, and generate advocacy with our core audiences through email marketing campaigns. Reporting into the Head of Growth, this role will oversee the email process from end-to-end, from setting goals and strategy to execution and measurement. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams, including Digital Product, Brand, Creative, and Customer Experience, to support cross-channel initiatives that meet broader brand and business goals.
What You’ll Accomplish:
- Build out campaigns and journeys across a variety of lifecycle stages, ranging from cart abandonment to renewals, including triggered and ad hoc communications
- Manage and implement the end-to-end email process, from concepting and creative briefs to development and production to deployment and monitoring
- Develop customer segmentation, targeting and contact strategies to maximize performance of key segments.
- Develop and execute A/B testing roadmap to deliver constant performance improvement and, ultimately, drive customer retention and LTV
- Own KPI reporting, including weekly and monthly updates, analyze campaign results, and provide data-driven recommendations to improve programs
- Collaborate with key internal partners, including Brand Marketing, Creative, Digital Product and Customer Experience, to promote key brand and business initiatives and ensure effective communication with customers
This should describe you:
- 3-4 years of experience in an email marketing, CRM or customer lifecycle role; experience with direct-to-consumer brand and/or subscription services a plus
- Strong knowledge of best practices for email, creative, segmentation, dynamic content, and deliverability; experience building customer journey series a plus
- Hands-on experience with at least one ESP (Klaviyo a plus) and creating campaigns and automated/triggered programs
- Strong analytical ability and high aptitude for testing and experimentation - experience with A/B testing, test designs, post results analyses
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/Email coding
- Strong writing skills, strategic thinker, creative eye, and outstanding attention to detail
- Stellar project management and organization skills, with a get-it-done attitude; able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work well cross-functionally
- Proactive, independent and results-driven - you’ll be starting from scratch and building in many areas
- Passion for cats and/or animals a plus
About Cat Person:
Cat Person is a new brand committed to strengthening the relationship between cats and cat persons by delivering cat care essentials - including food, treats and products - that are specially made for the unique needs of cats, and thoughtfully designed for their people. By putting modern feline lovers at the center of their research, design, and marketing processes, Cat Person is prioritizing the unmet needs of this fragmented, $75 billion pet market and flipping the script on the stereotype about cat owners. The company was founded by a small team of passionate cat people and launched in March 2020. Today, it is part of the Harry's Inc. family of brands.
Cat Person and Harry’s Inc. are committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Cat Person is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Cat Person’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.