About The Team
The Global Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and is responsible for analyzing, presenting and forecasting the financial and business performance of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions across our multi-brand and global portfolio of brands.
About The Role
We are looking for a high-performing analytical and collaborative person to join our Global Financial Planning & Analysis team. This position within the finance organization and will own the Commercial FP&A function, including managing several direct reports. This person will help set processes and drive XF alignment to enable smarter and more financially-informed decision making by helping their team to identify and implement strategies to help drive short and long-term financial performance in partnership with US Brand GMs and the Retail sales team. This includes supporting the business and financial planning process, pulling together a holistic view of investments across our commercial channels, and identifying and recommending solutions as appropriate. This is an opportunity that affords significant exposure and impact on senior-level decision making.
What you will accomplish:
- Commercial and Financial P&L Management
- Lead performance management for Brand reporting, providing insights around key historical and forecasted P&L drivers
- Create efficient and standardized processes to track, analyze and report on monthly performance by channel/customer and by key P&L line item
- Become a thought partner and lead workstreams and business processes to drive promotional effectiveness, drive revenues and grow margins
- Partner with your team and with commercial leadership to drive overall performance by building high quality plans and outlooks, analyzing actual performance and actioning against opportunities and risk mitigants
- Improve the way we design, anticipate and reflect commercial decisions by enabling the team to provide financial direction and guidance to high-growth brands and business
- Partner with analytics, sales and marketing teams on pre- and post-launch analysis for new product innovation
- Business Process Support
- Coordinate with the Demand planning team on S&OP cycles and own the flow-through of demand plans through to our financial net revenue forecast
- Help evaluate, define, and connect the dots between all our commercial and company-wide planning processes and forecasting cycles, including brand planning, business reviews, annual budget / reforecasts and our long-term plan
This should describe you:
- 6+ years of total experience, including at least 3 years in a commercial-facing FP&A or strategic finance role within a consumer-facing business inclusive of wholesale distribution model
- Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, accounting or mathematics preferred
- Solid understanding of P&L and profitability analysis and strong working knowledge of consumer business financials (e.g. sales & marketing finance and KPIs/drivers)
- Exposure to trade and marketing spend analytics, as well as channel and brand P&L performance analysis
- Experience using an ERP and planning system (e.g. Adaptive, Essbase, Anaplan)
- Nuanced communicator with fantastic presentation skills who can lay out data-heavy information in a way that is clear to non-finance partners and drives to conclusions
- Strong working knowledge of financial statements, and has advanced skills in modeling them in Excel and can clearly tie operational decisions back to P&L impact
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with the ability to think strategically and is not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Maintains a player-coach mentality: has prior experience inspiring and managing direct reports but isn’t afraid to roll up sleeves
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to the Director of FP&A with significant exposure to the VP of Finance, CFO, and co-founder/CEO
- Lead a high-performing team dedicated to our US commercial brand and sales teams
- Support our stakeholders and leadership in our commercial orgs
- Partner across the rest of the finance and operations teams globally
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.