Harry’s is looking for a SRE to join our team!
About the Team
Harry's is a next-generation consumer packaged goods company focused on expanding and strengthening our DTC brands.The engineering team launches and maintains the software that supports these brands. We value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback.
The engineering team at Harry's is responsible for building full-stack services to support all e-commerce activities. These systems range from order and fulfillment systems, to customer facing websites.
About the Role
We're looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who is interested in e-commerce and cares about implementing DevOps and SRE principles to provide a quality experience to other engineers and our customers.
This role supports all of HARRY’S brands. You’ll work closely with engineering and product management to achieve business goals, while driving engineering excellence and best practices in our engineering organization. The systems and software you build will help us serve thoughtful and delightful customer experiences in a way our retail competitors cannot.
We use industry standard technologies like CI/CD, containers, kubernetes, terraform and AWS. It’s ok if you are not familiar with some of these because we have a strong culture of mentorship at Harry’s and we’ll support you as you get up to speed.
What you will do:
- Partner with product and engineering teams to understand overarching business objectives and translate those into actionable plans.
- Help the SRE team define technology and business strategies that deliver iterative enhancements to the tools and processes that improve availability, observability and scalability.
- You will be a force multiplier by creating clear and complete examples, frameworks, documentation, or other work products to enhance the ability of others to work autonomously or in collaborative teams.
- Implement best practices from SRE and DevOps to build high-quality, high-value software, and be an advocate for DevOps across the engineering team.
Requirements for the role:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering, or similar (or equivalent non-traditional training) and 3+ years experience
- Demonstrates knowledge about AWS, terraform, containers, virtualization
- Demonstrates close working relationships with other engineers through training, communication and pair programming.
- Experience in at least one programming language.
The type of engineer we’re looking for:
- You’re always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You work effectively autonomously and collaborate within small teams as necessary to create high quality work products.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.
This role can be done remotely, however there may be location constraints based on where Harry's is registered and able to employ individuals. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints. We are authorized and able to employ individuals in many, but not all states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where we are registered or able to employ individuals, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more.