About the Team
The Accounting team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness and accuracy, recording and presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in North America.
About the Role
This is a position within the North American Accounting team which will play a key role in helping the team establish strong controls around our month end close process; including performing account reconciliations for various accounts within multiple brands and entities related to operating expenses, capital expenditures, accounts payable, intercompany, and payroll all while giving the team the ability to scale with our growing businesses. You will be working directly with the North American Accounting team and will regularly engage with teams around the company.
What you will accomplish:
- Complete Month End closing tasks relating to operating expense analysis, accounts payable, fixed assets, intercompany and payroll related costs.
- Perform key account reconciliations for multiple accounts; all while collaborating with both finance and most teams across the organization
- Assist Accounting Manager with month end reporting, budget to actual analysis, and any ad hoc requests related to the budget and forecast process.
- Ensure the completeness and accuracy of payroll, fixed assets, intercompany and month end reporting for a new emerging brand.
- Work closely with retail teams on in store marketing costs and other marketing initiatives.
- Assist in developing, documenting, and improving processes and policies to drive financial discipline across the company
- Assist Accounting Manager with annual audit.
- Assist in completing special projects as needed
You might have this background:
- 3+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Strong analytical skills and ability to dive deep into solving problems and data inconsistency
- A track record of successful team collaboration
- CPA or similar track, a plus.
- Audit experience in retail, manufacturing or ecommerce also a plus
- Advanced Excel skills
- SAP or similar experience would be awesome
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Accounting Manager
- You will work closely with FP&A, Marketing, Research & Development, Retail teams to name a few
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.