About the Team
This person will directly work with Harry’s co-founder Jeff Raider, the executive team of the company and a team charged with building new brands in CPG and transforming Harry’s into a next generation CPG company. Because Jeff interacts with almost everyone at Harry’s, so, too, will his Executive Assistant -- in many ways this person will be the face of Harry’s, constantly interacting with all of our most important internal and external stakeholders.
About the Role
The Executive Assistant will serve as an essential partner to Jeff (our co-founder, co-CEO of Harry’s). From managing Jeff’s calendar and travel to submitting his expenses and completing personal errands, this highly organized, endlessly resourceful person will ensure that nothing falls through the cracks in Jeff’s life – at work or at home. The EA role is one that doesn’t neatly fit within the confines of the 9 - 6 day, so we’re looking for a go-getter who’s eager to be flexible and available, even outside traditional working hours. Because the role (and our exec team) is so dynamic, this person must possess strong business judgment and communication skills needed to interact with a variety of people and job functions, internally and externally. This is a unique EA role as you’ll work directly with Jeff’s Chief of Staff, Colin and gain visibility into key initiatives and projects across the business.
What you will accomplish:
- Expertly manage day-to-day scheduling, coordination, and meeting logistics, providing best in class support to Jeff throughout his back-to-back days; often with little oversight and making judgements based on known priorities of Jeff and the business
- Anticipate needs and identify problems proactively, looking around corners for solutions and leveraging existing resources in problem solving
- Coordinate intuitive, complex travel itineraries for Jeff’s trips to meet with retailers and stakeholders in the US and abroad
- Ensure Jeff is prepared for professional meetings and personal and professional events, by soliciting agendas, drafting prep docs, creating itineraries, making reservations, printing material, and doing whatever it takes to ensure effective preparation
- Manage Jeff’s expense reports and ensuring approvals are completed on time each month
- Schedule and oversee personal appointments, and take care of other highly leveraged personal tasks to support Jeff and his family
- Interact regularly and build relationships with executives and colleagues across various teams, with Jeff’s family
- and close personal network, and with external stakeholders such as investors, consultants, our Board and Advisory Board
- Serve as a positive ambassador on behalf of Harry’s and Jeff, by consistently acting in a way that leaves people with a positive perception of the company while truly embodying our values
This should describe you:
- You have 1-4 years of professional experience
- You’re exceptionally detail oriented: You are a perfectionist who never lets anything fall through the cracks. You close every loop, spot every error, and look around corners to make sure every detail is perfect.
- You’re proactive: Some might call it pushy, but we just think you’re proactive. You’re always three steps ahead, and know how to manage senior executives to help them avoid potential pitfalls.
- You possess foresight: If you had a superpower, it would be the ability to see (and plan) around corners. You know there’s a problem – and you know how to fix it – before anyone else.
- You are a creative problem solver: There’s no sticky situation that you can’t wiggle your way out of, and you always come to the table with solutions.
- You’re a great communicator: You can communicate nuance effectively to anyone, and you know how to modify your tone based on who you’re speaking to. Whether it’s in an email, over the phone, or in person, you know how to get things done through your ability to clearly and professionally express yourself.
- You’re hardworking: You are endlessly reliable, trustworthy, and consistent in your ability to produce the highest quality work, even outside the confines of a 9-5 job. Everyone counts on you all the time, and you always come through. Whether it’s hopping on a plane for a last minute trip to LA, or coordinating an apartment move, or greeting our most important investors, you’re down for anything, big or small.
Here's who you'll work with:
- Reporting to Jeff’s Chief of Staff, Colin Sullivan, while supporting Jeff Raider
- You’ll work on the Executive team, in close partnership with stakeholders from across the company
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand built upon one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. We launched in March of 2013, and have been blown away by the customer response ever since. Today, we have 10 million customers and are growing fast. Beyond Harry’s, we are planning to build new brands in categories in CPG and become a next generation CPG company. We’re now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands, online and in stores, around the world.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.