Sr. Sales Analyst, US Retail (Grocery) Job Description
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives the Harry’s and Flamingo brand strategy and growth with current and future retail partners. The Retail team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retailer, cultivating relationships across all functions – Finance, Marketing, Operations and Store execution. As Harry’s continues to develop as a personal care brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of expansion.
About the Role
The Senior Sales Analyst will play a critical role in Harry’s continued success at retail and specifically for our business in the Grocery channel + future expansion retailers. This multi-dimensional customer facing position will be responsible for managing all aspects of strategic analysis and business performance for Harry’s and our retail partners. As this role will work across internal and external teams, it requires strong collaboration skills and attention to detail to ensure efficient and accurate results.
What you will accomplish:
- Provide the primary customer and internal analytic support for our Grocery Retail business - inclusive of category, market and assortment performance analysis
- Possess a deep understanding of consumption data in analyzing daily/weekly/annual trends at the customer level and provide knowledge on the competitive marketplace as well by building primary reports.
- Develop into a “storyteller” - interpret the data and tell a story with it. Be an independent thinker with great communication skills. Create compelling presentations based on data-driven insights and recommendations.
- Manage weekly scorecards for internal tracking of retail business as well as Joint Business Planning scorecard with external retail partners.
- Conduct Monthly Performance summaries of our business in the retail channel for internal and external needs.
- Proactively seek opportunities to increase point-of-sale revenue through thoughtful analysis of the category, store level sales, and shopper insights
- Assist in day to day analytical support for the retail business, building content driven reports and presentation decks. Be the go to for ad-hoc retail reporting.
- Support broader retail analytics projects beyond the specific requirements of your customer team based on business need to help drive reporting consistency, improve overall analytics capabilities, and onboard new programs and tools to improve our collective ability to develop analytical business insights
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to drive efficiencies.
This should describe you:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-4 years in an analytical, planning, data-driven role. Experience working with retail partners is a plus.
- Experience with Nielsen, IRI, or other syndicated retail data
- Ability to manage complex data from multiple sources and synthesize into solid business reporting tools and analytic resources.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Business Suite including PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent communicator with strong written, oral, and presentation skills.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for the work and desires to be seen as an analytics leader not just a report generator.
- Professional and enthusiastic team player with passion to work collaboratively across teams and drive for results.
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously and ourselves un-seriously
Here's who you'll work with:
- You will report to the Sales Analytics Manager and will be closely aligned to one of our customer teams, focusing primarily on the analytics needs of that business
- Working as a part of the Retail Sales Team
- You will work most closely with the Retail Sales Director and Managers, external customer contacts, Finance, Forecasting / Replenishment Analysts, Analytics, Go-To-Market Strategy, and Brand.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.