About the Team:
The Finance team at Harry’s is a part of Global Finance and responsible for recording transactions, validating completeness and accuracy, recording and presenting actual results of the financials of the company. The team plays a critical role in enabling senior management to make fast, data-driven strategic decisions for the Harry’s brand in the UK as well as making sure everything in the business operates smoothly.
We are looking for an Accounting Associate to join our UK finance team in a fast paced, young and vibrant company. At Harry’s, finance isn’t only your month-end close type of team. While the day to day job is recording and reporting financial information to the greater business, that’s only the start of what you’ll do. You’ll also work on various special projects across the business, allowing you the ability to work closely with other functions across the business including operations, marketing, legal, as well as the wider global finance team.
What you will accomplish:
- Perform a key role in the monthly and quarterly close processes
- Daily cash and sales processing
- Processing accounts payable and receivable, regularly dealing directly with our suppliers and customers
- Posting inventory adjustments to ensure completeness and accuracy of records
- Completion of monthly reconciliations
- Assist with the annual audit, including working directly with external auditors and requests
- Working with the other members of the finance team to improve processes and the accuracy of our financial reporting
- Working closely with cross functional stakeholders
- Ad hoc tasks and projects
These might describe you:
- Eager to develop themselves in a career in finance
- Previous experience within a finance function with the use of accounting software advantageous but not a necessity for the right candidate
- Confident in the use of Excel
- Organised with high attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and someone that likes to work together as part of a team
- Eager to learn and develop
- Approachable, enthusiastic, and sees challenges as an opportunity to grow
Here’s who you’ll work with:
- Report directly to the UK Controller
- Work daily with the other members of the UK finance team
- Work closely with the greater global finance team in the US and Germany
- Work side-by-side with the Operations, Marketing, Legal, Sales and other teams across the business
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is composed of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.