As the Graphic Designer, you will be a part of the core team responsible for shaping the visual aesthetic for a new disruptor brand built for today’s woman.
In a hyper-competitive category, we aspire to create breakthrough work that provokes a new way of how women think. We’re seeking a designer that can get emotionally invested in building a brand that moves the industry forward, speaking in a real way to today’s woman.
We have started to lay the groundwork for what this brand can be and where it can go. Now we seek a talented Graphic Designer who is excited to bring this vision to life with us and build a brand that is both fresh and substantive.
You will be a part of a team that is developing breakthrough brand narratives that help introduce us to the world and create a deep relationship with our consumer, bringing these stories to life through advertising, digital and physical touchpoints.
About the Role
Coming in from the beginning, the Graphic Designer will work alongside the Head of Creative & Communications to establish and reinforce the brand’s visual language. This role will be a central member of our new creative team, working across a variety of visual assets and content ranging from paid, digital, and social posts, to brand presentations and physical/digital pop up experiences.
The ideal candidate will come into this role with a passion for visual storytelling with exceptional skills in typography, layout design, and visual communication.
What you will accomplish:
- Working within the Creative Team, and partnering cross-functionally, on projects big and small — establishing trust along the way
- Immersing yourself in the existing brand style guide and creating expanded medium specific creative guidelines and a broader visual toolkit, ensuring consistent application of the brand internally and externally
- Creating visual concepts and creative solutions for a variety of brand marketing scenarios in collaboration with PR, Social Media, Brand, and Retail teams
- Understanding and implementing a cohesive look and feel across all channels, incl:
- Brand storytelling and social media content
- Performance marketing: DR ads (interactive/static/animated), emails, etc.
- Motion assets including light video editing, gifs, and animations
- Website landing pages, content, and assets
- Print collateral such as shipper materials, direct mail, retail POS, etc.
- Presentations and assets to support the business needs
- Design for offline/experiential brand activations
- Leading design projects from end-to-end — from early-stage brainstorming and concept development through to go-live execution
- Translating key consumer insights into compelling visuals for paid and owned channels in an iterative but thoughtful manner
- Driving the planning, execution, and post-production of in-house photoshoots
- Briefing and collaborating with internal and external creative agencies/partners to develop campaigns, video assets, packaging, etc.
This should describe you:
Best in class designer
- You have impeccable taste and a strong aesthetic point of view
- You are technically skilled as a designer, able to flex across both digital and print, with strong strong layout skills and typography work and some experience retouching, art directing, developing motion graphics for paid/social, printed matter, and more
- You have a meticulous eye and obsessive attention to detail
- Have proven experience designing visually compelling assets for brands that will live across a variety of owned and paid channels
- When presenting work to internal and external stakeholders, you should be able to address questions, concerns, and critique in a clear, confident way and be able to pivot quickly based on feedback
- Have a savviness for social media and a proven track record developing strong content and assets for social, with specific experience in Instagram, Tiktok, and YouTube
- Have a deep understanding of ongoing visual and social media trends
Strategic creative thinker
- You think outside the box, developing big creative ideas, that are grounded in the business needs and consumer insights
- Have experience and value engaging with channel owners to learn how to maximize the performance of your work and demonstrating those learnings where and when it’s applicable
- Thoughtfully and effectively approach creative projects to ensure you are maximizing your time, assets/resources, and creative budget
- You are passionate for developing with a female-first perspective
- Have an interest in women’s wellness and the beauty landscape
- You immerse yourself in customer insights and actively develop a strong understanding of who she is
- You approach projects with a “is this the best we can do for our customer” mindset
- You design with the customer’s preferences, interest, and aesthetic top of mind
- You maintain a finger on the pulse culturally to inform your work
Self-motivated & collaborative partner
- You are resourceful, take initiative, and comfortable in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You are able to work under tight deadlines while juggling several projects and adapt to change
- You thrive in a collaborative environment and are able to work with creative and non-creative partners and stakeholders
- Comfortable receiving and providing feedback
- Approach projects, big and small, with equal enthusiasm and passion
Here's who they will work with:
- Reporting to Head of Creative & Communications
- Work within the Creative & Comms Team
- Collaborate with Digital Product & Performance Marketing Teams; as well as Harry’s Inc Design & Retail teams
- 20% Digital — campaign / DR ads / email / motion & video / etc.
- 20% Social — assets and content for Instagram / TikTok / YouTube, etc.
- 15% Concepting — ideating for campaigns / launches / specialty needs, etc.
- 15% Art Direction & Photography — briefing / shooting internal assets / light retouching (as needed), etc.
- 15% Print — print collateral / direct mail / specialty packaging / offline, etc.
- 15% Retail — in-store marketing materials / presentations / line sheets, etc.
- 4+ years industry experience in a Graphic Design role; DTC eCommerce experience is a plus
- Current portfolio of self-created work showcasing strong technical design skills with an emphasis on strong layout design and typographic skills for creative marketing campaigns and assets
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator); After Effects for light motion graphics, strongly preferred. Figma is a plus
- Some illustration and/or animation skills
- Some experience with Art Direction for photography/video
- Understanding of image manipulation and photo editing.
Harry’s Inc. started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harry’s expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target and Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, and launched a women’s brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, and logistics specialists, Harry’s team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, and humble people you’ll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion and innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, and backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values and our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement and learning, teamwork and collaboration, creative problem solving, and open and direct dialogue and feedback. Come for the coffee and free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.