Senior National Account Manager
About Harry's Canada
We built Harry’s with one simple belief: everyone deserves a great shave at a fair price. Co-founded by one of the entrepreneurs behind Warby Parker, Harry’s seeks to provide our own brand of exceptional shaving products direct to our customers. We launched in the US in March 2013, the UK in 2016 and Canada retail in early 2020. So far the customer response has been amazing.
At Harry's, our vision is to become a global, multi-channel men's grooming brand and female hair removal brand with our brand Flamingo. The UK was the first standalone market outside the US and now we have set up the Canadian team to take on the market and deliver disruption to the Canadian category. Consider it a start-up, within an amazingly successful start-up!
We’ve brought together a focused team of talented people to successfully grow Harry’s and Flamingo in Canada, achieve our commercial goals, build strong relationships with our customers and make Harry’s Canada a truly amazing place to work. Since launch we’ve been delighted with the results, sentiment and feedback we have seen and are on-track to deliver our commercial, brand and employee goals.
It’s an exciting time to join an exciting business.
About Retail within Harry’s
The multi-channel approach at Harry’s came about following Customer Insight. We learned that there were a group of customers in the US who preferred to buy products in-store, and Harry’s was missing out by not being in a major retailer. We worked hard to find the most aligned launch partner, and to then disrupt the in-store shaving category.
Mass retail launched at Target in 2016 in the US, Boots in 2019 in the UK and Walmart in 2020 in Canada. The move to retail has been a massive success and Harry’s and Flamingo have captured massive shares in all markets, establishing the brands as the key challenger to Gillette.
Harry’s has also moved into new categories with great success and is now present in the Aftershave Balms, Shave Gels & Creams and the Shower Gels category with plans to launch into new categories in 2019.
Seeing this success in the US and UK has made the Canadian team believe it is a case of ‘when’ not ‘if’ it becomes the key competitor to the biggest brands in the category. We are excited about the journey we are on and we cant wait for more consumers to experience our products.
About the Team
The Retail team is a newly created function in the Canadian organization. We are charged with driving Harry's brand strategy and growth with our mass and specialty Canadian retail partners. With a focus on building the best retailer relationships around, the team are responsible for all customer development activities. To bring these activities to life the retail team builds and nurtures cross functional relationships with our experts in Merchandising, Marketing, Operations and Insights. The team may be smaller than that of our competitors, but our relationships will be enduring and far richer.
As Harry’s continues to develop as a Men’s Grooming brand, the Retail team will be the primary driver of thoughtful expansion during the next stage of the Harry's journey.
About the Role
The Senior National Account Manager will be responsible for developing Harry's retail business in several new retailers. To deliver the strongest of plans will require a collaborative working style that positively engages all of Harry’s internal functions. Working in this role will require a highly skilled influencer that is able to build fully integrated plans with retailers born from consumer insight that deliver category value for retailers and scale for Harry’s . This role calls for an excellent communicator with a proactive work style, attention to detail, a focus on excellence in execution and most importantly of all, love to get involved in all aspects of running a business. Investing in strong relationships built on trust and performance will be a key focus for the successful candidate.
Here's what you'll be responsible for:
- Invest time to build an understanding of the customer objectives and category KPI’s
- Build fantastic cross functional working relationships across all areas of the Harrys business
- Plan, develop, agree and implement an annual Joint Business Plan with retailers, whilst responding to short term opportunities and the need for contingency plans if required
- Maximize commercial value of consumer insight data from AC Nielsen, NPD, and other sources
- Support S&OP through accurately planning and communicating the annual activation and sales plan
- Agree monthly visibility plans with that includes second sites, trade marketing and on-line support
- Agree listings for all Harry’s and Flamingo brand extensions with high levels of off shelf display at launch
- Negotiate Harry's and Flamingo position on all potential margin eroding/enhancing opportunities
- Be the brand guardian ensuring that all activity is in service of the brands objectives and brand values
- Secure more than fair share of off shelf display visibility for Harry’s and Flamingo
- Build contacts with the forecasting & supply chain teams at retailers to ensure delivery of OTIF targets
- Provide quality analysis and input to the Harry’s demand planning and supply chain teams to ensure accurate stock management
- Manage monthly, quarterly and annual sales forecasts and provide updates to the Retail Director
- Manage Gross to net controls to optimize profitability
- Manage an investment plan to drive consumer awareness and trial whilst maximizing profitability
- Deliver maximum consumer engagement from trade investment
- Accurately prepare financial inputs for controlling to ensure strong account governance
These might describe you:
- Thrives in a start-up environment, strong team player and is excited by the prospect of growing something from scratch
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player and possess a drive for results.
- Great Experience and a proven track record of delivering top and bottom line results in a customer development capacity within an EDLP business
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian market palace and how it works
- Operationally brilliant and driven to disrupt the norm from a retail merchandising standpoint
- Being insights driven. Harry’s is a business built on solid consumer insights, so this role will need to give clear direction on insights needed within the retail channel and strategize from the findings.
- A model of collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for the Harry’s and Flamingo brands at retail
- Strong communication and presentation skills – able to engage and influence the buying teams and senior contacts
- Extremely organized, dependable and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a hands-on, fast paced environment
- Curiosity – You’re going to be asked to dive in with all parts of the Harry’s Canada, UK and US teams, and your innate hunger to learn the nuanced complexities of these practice areas will help our team identify and solve the most important problems
- You are a learner - always seeking to improve yourself, your team, and the world around you
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- You have experience working with the Canada’s largest retailers including Walmart, or other major retailers.
Who you will work with:
- You'll work broadly across the Canadian based Harry’s teams, as well as with our UK and US retailer teams
- Distribution and Supply Chain for operational and fulfillment needs
- R&D for Display Design needs
- Marketing for Insights, Brand Strategy and product and in-store innovation
- Sales and Operational Planning
- You'll report to the Director Of Sales - Canada
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together.
Harry’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire and promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state and local laws. Harry’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline and access to benefits and training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.